Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Update problem Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+

Hi, I have got Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+. Currently running bios version 2.2

I try to update the bios with both win method and instant refresh method. But the bios just doesn't change.
    I was wondering if that is the asrock file problem, so I tried both ver 2.3 and 2.4 download from different location. But there is no change to my bios.
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Re: BIOS Update problem Asrock FM2A88X-ITX+

Hi, have you unzipped the BIOS file before updating. Also if you update BIOS from within the BIOS using a USB stick make sure it is formatted to the FAT32. That's what I did.

Comment

For win version. I have unzip. Put it at desktop and double click to run. Then PC tell me restart the machine for BIOS update.
      Check CPUZ after restart. BIOS not change

For install flash version. Format my USB to FAT32. Move the unzip ROM to USB.
      Restart machine, F6. Able to 'see' the file, and click refresh.
      Restart my machine to windows. Check CPUZ. BIOS version still stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Cisco001 View Post
        For install flash version. Format my USB to FAT32. Move the unzip ROM to USB.
        Restart machine, F6. Able to 'see' the file, ...................
        ....... then click on the file displayed and flash should start. IIRC
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          ....... then click on the file displayed and flash should start. IIRC
          Tried. No success.

Comment

Question. Is the computers BIOS password protected that you cannot enter it? It would appear so from what you've indicated so far. ie restart to Windows and use CPU-z to check.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Dear Cisco001,

The BIOS P2.30/P2.40 should be updated normally, please refer to the following suggestions to check again.
              1. Load BIOS default settings and then update BIOS to try.
              2. Please refer to the link as below to double-check if the model name is "FM2A88X-ITX+".
              Link: ASRock > Support > Model Name Finding
              3. Please click "How to Update" to check the detailed steps of updating BIOS and then try again.
              Link: ASRock > FM2A88X-ITX+
              4. You try to update BIOS under DOS/OS for testing.

I hope these suggestions can help you a little.
              Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X