issues in previously working new build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues in previously working new build

Hi there I was hoping you would be able to help me out with some issues I started having with my ASrock z97 extreme 4 motherboard since I moved my rig to another room there were some issues powering the computer which have been on and off, I have managed to get it to start a couple of times to get the motherboard to reproduce a plethora of error codes including 99 and A2 (which is the code the debugg stops on ). > I have tried following my motherboard manual for fixes but those have yeilded no results and also the manual does not contain refrence to the code 4F which flashes for about 2s during attempted boot up.

I have made no attempt to overclock or anything similar, the only other issue I have had with this setup is some BSOD errors which seemed to be linked to the bios and the GPU I updated Bios to the most recent version which resolved that issue.

i54690k
    his r9 290
    z97 extreme 4
    gskill ares
    seasonic PSU (which is working fine as per paperclip test)

Re: issues in previously working new build

A2 is related to detecting any HDDs or SSDs on the PC.

The "error codes" are actually POST codes that indicate what particular POST process is being run. If a POST process fails, POST stops and the number of the process that failed remains displayed.

It sounds like moving the PC caused something internally to be moved out of position. You need to open the PC and check everything, particularly the connections to the drives, both data and power, and the SATA data cable connections to the board.

Comment

Re: issues in previously working new build

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      A2 is related to detecting any HDDs or SSDs on the PC.

The "error codes" are actually POST codes that indicate what particular POST process is being run. If a POST process fails, POST stops and the number of the process that failed remains displayed.

It sounds like moving the PC caused something internally to be moved out of position. You need to open the PC and check everything, particularly the connections to the drives, both data and power, and the SATA data cable connections to the board.
      Ill get on that, I was able to consistently boot my PC into this error for a while but it really seems like only sometimes it will even boot at all when I press the power buttons which is weird

Comment

Working...
      X