• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realtech HD Audio Manager only playing in stereo on 5.1 speakers

This is driving me mad!

I have an ASROCK Z97 EXTREME6 motherboard
    Windows 8.1
    I have a 5.1 surround sound setup with Logitech speakers. (not sure what model)

I can only get stereo sound and not 5.1 surround sound.

I have been in the realtek HD Audio manager and set speakers to default. I have the speaker configuration as 5.1. Optional speakers Centre, subwoofer and side pair ticked. I have full range speakers front left and right, and surround speakers ticked on the menu. When I click autotest however I only get sound out of the front two speakers.

I have an orange, a black and a green jack going into the motherboard in the right coloured holes.

In the SOUND from the control panel under PLAYBACK I have IPS234_4 (the monitor), NVIDIA HDMI Output (port1) Not Plugged In, NVIDIA HDMI Output (port2) Not Plugged In, NVIDIA HDMI Output (port3) Not Plugged In, SPEAKERS Realtek High Definition Audio set as DEFAULT DEVICE, Realtek DIGITAL output Realtek High Definition Audio set as DEFAULT COMMUNICATION DEVICE, Speakers WSAudio Device(1) Ready, Speakers WS Audio Device 383 Ready.

The WS Audio is for Wondershare Streaming Audio.

Can anyone spot what I am doing wrong please? Thanks.

**Okay so I have just played a specially designed 5.1 Youtube video and it is coming out of all 5 speakers. When I go back in to my Realtek HD Audio Mangaer and test 5.1 it only comes out of two speakers. I guess it is working. I will try a game next.**
    Last edited by janner66; 08-19-2014, 06:39 PM. Reason: Extra Info
Working...
X