Asrock Z77 OC FORMULA question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z77 OC FORMULA question.

Hey guys I am going to copy paste pretty much what I have on techimo located here: Asrock Z77 OC Formula Question

Hey guys I have tried emailing asrock quite a few times now and have got nothing back, so maybe you can help me. I have an Asrock Z77 OC Formula with a 3770k in it @ stock and 32GB of ram. All the hardware works great no issues. My issue is with the software that asrock provides. The Asrock Formula Drive. I can't get it to load anymore, It keeps advising me to reinstall it I am at a loss on what to do, it was working fine previously and then one day just stopped. Any ideas?

I have also noticed I can't get my ram to run at 1600MHZ as it was stock rated for even if I select X.M.P. and there is only one. I was reading that maybe Cool'N'Quiet can affect this.

I have ran MEMtest on it for 12 hours no errors.

ram is a 32GB LP 1600MHZ kit.

but this is just me rambling, I still can't find any real solution to my initial problem.

I went into the bios and it has an auto DHCP bios update utility, It said I had the latest. As for the X.M.P. I selected it and saved as I normally do and loaded in to find it still at 1333mhz. As for your question about the AFD before 8.1, It did stop before I installed it by about 2 weeks time. I figured if I updated to 8.1 it may fix it. But it has not.

I loved this board when I first got it but now I am not so much caring for it or the company sadly I have tried to reach asrock tech support giving my serial number and all through the email they have set up on tech page. If anyone could please help that would be awesome. I know the page says it is 8/8.1 ready but if the software does not work why state that?
    Attached Files

Re: Asrock Z77 OC FORMULA question.

Adding in more screenshots
    Attached Files

Comment

More shots
      Attached Files

Comment

I can only seem to find another similar issue back in 12/13 of a user having a problem something close to mine and a solution was never found, Has anyone here ran into this?

Comment

I don't see an AFD download for Win8.1 x64.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

I understand that however it quit working pre 8.1, and if ASRock isn't going too update the software for the board why state it is ready for 8.1. Even with over half the software not working. I am just a bit upset I thought a company would at least keep software up to date for the warranty of the board. I will go with a different company next time, Thanks for the input to those that replied.

Comment

The AFD version for Win 8 should work for Win 8.1. My ASRock Z77 board does not have versions of the ASRock utilities specifically for Win 8.1. I use the Win 8 versions, which work fine.

Did you try uninstalling the broken AFD installation first, before installing it again?

Try this: Uninstall AFD via the usual Windows Programs and Features option, and restart the PC afterwards.

Next go into the C:/OS drive and open the Program Files (x86) folder, and find the ASRock Utility folder, and open it. If you have any folders related to AFD still there, delete them. Restart the PC.

Download the latest version of AFD from your board's download page, and copy it to your C: drive if it is not stored there. Right click on the installer and select Run as Administrator.

I've had occasional glitches like this with ASRock utilities. I use Windows 8 and 8.1 too. Removing and installing them again after cleaning up any old files has worked for me.

Comment

I did try the windows 8 one the issue is it stopped on windows 8 BEFORE I UPGRADED to 8.1, i have tried every compat version to run it under as well.

PS: I have fully removed it and reinstalled it before too, I just want my software to function for my board, :(
                Last edited by Rinji07; 08-13-2014, 08:26 PM. Reason: Added in PS

Comment

Got home from work last night made sure to correctly remove it from PC just incase I missed something and made sure to remove all folders I tried the beta one and it failed so removed it and tried the latest one for windows 8 and it failed too, so far no software for this board has been touched this year, does anyone have anyway of requesting asrock to update a board software that is still under manufacture warranty? it shouldn't be this troublesome to get the features I want out of the board to function.

Comment

Re: Asrock Z77 OC FORMULA question. ( Solved maybe? )

Hi guys so I did some looking around on newegg and seen a service rep reply to a customer having my issue so I emailed that email and got a reply and suggestion to RMA, After declining the RMA I got another reply with the following.

Hi Chris,

For Windows 8, customer can use the version in our download link.
                    Link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/<wbr>Intel/Z77%20OC%20Formula/?cat=<wbr>Download&os=All

For Windows 8.1, customer can download Formula Drive ver:2.0.145 from the following link.
                    Link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/<wbr>Intel/Z97%20OC%20Formula/?cat=<wbr>Download&os=Win8a64
                    It can be used on Z77 OC Formula.

Thank you

ASRock America Support Team

This was from a john, I sincerely hope this can help someone else as well, I will post back with my findings tonight after I get off duty.

Comment

Dear all,

I did the test and confirm Formula Drive ver:0.2.13 that is on Z77 OC Formula download zone can be used under Windows 8.1.
                      Please download Formula Drive ver:0.2.13 from the following link.
                      Download Link: ASRock > Z77 OC Formula

I also provide the picture of test result for you.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	v0.2.13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	754573

About the error message, please un-install Formula Drive and remove the folder from system.
                      And then re-install Formula Driver for testing.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                        Dear all,

I did the test and confirm Formula Drive ver:0.2.13 that is on Z77 OC Formula download zone can be used under Windows 8.1.
                        Please download Formula Drive ver:0.2.13 from the following link.
                        Download Link: ASRock > Z77 OC Formula

I also provide the picture of test result for you.
                        [ATTACH]7150[/ATTACH]

About the error message, please un-install Formula Drive and remove the folder from system.
                        And then re-install Formula Driver for testing.

Thanks!

Emily, I have removed it from system and all traces of any asrock software from my system entirely, I have had no luck with getting it to work, if you have team viewer I can give you direct access to my system so that you may try yourself. I just tried again with no luck what so ever, I am at a loss on what to do.

Comment

The only software I can get to function is the ram timing configuration and the xfast ram, other then that nothing is working properly.

Comment

I have posted a video for troubleshooting purposes found here @ Z77 OC Formula @ Asrock - Vube.com I have just posted it so it could take a minute to go to the site.

Comment

Working...
                            X