A75 Exteme6 "Unable to install device" USB 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A75 Exteme6 "Unable to install device" USB 3.0

I cannot get my system to detect and load the USB 3.0 drivers. I am running Win server08/64 and everything else is fine. Loading the driver either from the original CD (Win7-64_Win7_Vista64_Vista_XP64_XP v1.10.1.0) or the ASRock website ends with a notice that installation was successful, however Windows pops up a "New Hardware Found" message that -- after following the steps -- ends with the dreaded 'driver not installed' message. Device Manager identies the device ID as: AMDUSB30\ROOT_HUB30.

I've search for a few days now and haven't seen this problem for this MOBO for anyone else.

Can anyone help me?

Bobbyd

MOBO: ASRock
    Model: A75 Extreme6 (CPUSocket)
    Chipset: AMD K12 Bridge, Revision 00
    Southbridge: AMD A55/A60M, Revision 11
    APU AMD A6-3500
    BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version P1.90 12/30/2011
    OS Win server08/64 R2 SP2

Re: A75 Exteme6 "Unable to install device" USB 3.0

Amd Usb 3.0 Drivers - Installation - We Got Served Forums

Specifically,

#1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
    X