Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oleksii
    replied
    Re: Asrock Z87 Extreme9ac and Z87 OC Formula problem with Asmedia 1061 Sata ports

I today installed Windows 7x64 sp1 with Asmedia driver 2.0.8.0.

Problem is same as on windows 8.1 x64.
    I think there will only replace the motherboard to another Asus or Gigabyte for socket 1150.

p.s. Asrock makes good motherboards but here probably you will make nothing

Leave a comment:

• Oleksii
    replied
    Re: Asrock Z87 Extreme9ac and Z87 OC Formula problem with Asmedia 1061 Sata ports

Hi,
    Thank you for answer,

I tried with driver 2.0.8.0 (download from asrock site), 2.0.8.1 (from station-driver) and microsoft SATA ACHI - problem is not solving.
    Errors in the system logs are the same - warning events disk 153, storahci 129 (with use microsoft SATA ACHI).

Today check in windows 7x64 - but I think that is not the solution for this problem.

Leave a comment:

• parsec
    replied

Yes, your problems are common with the ASMedia SATA chipset when using Windows 8, or any related version like 8.1.

Are you using the ASMedia driver, or the Windows 8 storahci driver? I would suggest trying the storahci driver if you are not using it now. I don't know if that will fix your problems, just an idea.

I see that for either of your boards, there is no listing for an ASMedia SATA chipset driver under Windows 8.1. You could try the ASMedia driver listed for Windows 8.1 for ASRock Z97 boards, like my Z97 Extreme 6:

ASRock > Z97 Extreme6

That's the ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:2.0.8.0 driver.

I don't know if this ASMedia driver will fix your problems, I can't use the ASMedia SATA ports at all on my ASRock boards (Z77, Z87, and Z97), but that is related to my UEFI booting Windows 8.1 installations.

If you try that ASMedia driver and it works, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Asrock Z87 Extreme9ac and Z87 OC Formula problem with Asmedia 1061 Sata ports

Hi.

I have two motherboards(Z87 Extreme9ac and Z87 OC Formula), when connected HDDs to Asmedia ports (WD RED 4Tb or Seagate Barracuda 3Tb) and begin intensive operations (copy or move data from hdd to hdd) take off errors occur in Windows 8.1 x64 upd1.
    Problem with slow performance copying, viewing data from HDD and then HDD not visible in my computer (Disk Managment).
    In Windows Logs -> System registered new event (warning level) disk 153 - The IO operation at logical block address 7a90760 for Disk 7 was retried.
    If HDDs connected to Intel ports - no any problem with performance.

Thank you for help.

screen in system logs

main settings from bios-storage
Working...
X