Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 starts up (powers on) automatically without me doing anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 starts up (powers on) automatically without me doing anything

Hi all,
    I haven't updated my computer for nearly 6 years and now I've done it. Got a newAsrock Z97 Extreme 6 with an i7 4770k. Amazing how faster my computer is now... but only 1 thing I can't figure out

At a unspecified time (usually in the evening) my computer starts it self (powers on). I've looked trough the BIOS settings and couldn't find anything that would do this.. I've disabled start on mouse and keyboard, but still it's powering on by itself (and not shutting down without me manually doing it)..

Any idea what this could be? I'm not even close to the computer when it happens...

It's just a bit annoying because it will wake up our baby...

Cheers
    Tom
    Last edited by Nexus69; 07-16-2014, 07:01 PM.

Re: Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 starts up (powers on) automatically without me doing anything

Possible culprits include:

Intel Smart Connect (BIOS setting).

Dehumidifier Function (BIOS setting).

Wake on LAN (BIOS and Windows network driver setting in Device Manager).

How did you install drivers for the board, from the disk provided or manually from the download page? Did you install everything from the disk for example?

What wakes up the baby, audio from the PC? Mute those speakers!

Comment

Re: Asrock Z97 Extreme 6 starts up (powers on) automatically without me doing anything

Ok, I've disabled now all "Wake On Lan" settings on the Network adapters in Windows (Device Manager). I've also disabled "Intel Smart Connect" in BIOS. Dehumidifier was already disabled. I haven't installed the drivers from the Disk but downloaded sound driver and Intel Rapid Storage drivers from Asrock.

I'll see how I go tonight.

It's the noise from the fans and the monitor that switches on.. but I can turn off the monitor. And I could disconnect the PC from power, that certainly would fix it ;-).

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by Nexus69; 07-17-2014, 04:40 AM. Reason: error in writing

Comment

Good news.. all fixed... not sure which setting solved it, but it's fixed :-). Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
        X