Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU fan always at full speed even with "Automatic" in BIOS > H/W Monitor

Hello

I just bought a mini-ITX host with an ASRock A75M-ITX and powerd with an AMD AMD A8-3850.

Even after upgrading the BIOS to the latest release and changing the CPU settings in the H/W Monitor section from "Full On" to "Automatic", the CPU fan is constantly running at full speed.

The fan is connected to the mobo with a four-wire connection (Black, yellow, blue, red).

Before getting a hardware solution, is there something I could try in software to regulate its speed?

Thank you.
    Last edited by Shohreh; 07-15-2014, 04:54 PM.

Re: CPU fan always at full speed even with "Automatic" in BIOS > H/W Monitor

I should have checked in their Download section before asking: ASRock provides a utility called "ASRock Extreme Tuning Utility" that let users manage the CPU fans.

ASRock > A75M-ITX

It's not super-silent yet, but much better.

There isn't a lot of space in that mini-ITX case, but I'll see what bigger CPU heatsink + fan I could use with that CPU.

Thank you.

Comment

Re: CPU fan always at full speed even with "Automatic" in BIOS > H/W Monitor

Still, it's odd that I have to run an application in Windows while the BIOS should be able to manage CPU speed when using the "Automatic" mode

Comment

Working...
      X