Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Graphics card, Slow Boot

Hey everyone!

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Evga Geforce 780 GTX and with my Extreme 6 Z77 board, the bios went from a cold boot about 1.5 seconds to 1:30 before even seeing "Loading Windows" screen. It just hangs at this screen the whole time:

Here are My Specs:

Asrock z77 Extreme 6
    I5-3570K @ 4.5
    Evga Geforce 780 GTX
    8 Gig Kingston Hyper X Blu
    Samsung 840 Pro SSD
    Corsair CX600M PSU
    Windows 7 64 Bit

Thanks in advance!

-A

Re: Upgrade Graphics card, Slow Boot

You don't say what your previous graphics card was?

Have you at least cleared the BIOS since changing cards?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      You don't say what your previous graphics card was?

Have you at least cleared the BIOS since changing cards?
      Ah yes I did forget that part. I had a MSI Geforce 660 Ti Power Edition card and yes I tried clearing the Bios :-)

Comment

Originally posted by minuseven View Post
        Hey everyone!

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Evga Geforce 780 GTX and with my Extreme 6 Z77 board, the bios went from a cold boot about 1.5 seconds to 1:30 before even seeing "Loading Windows" screen. It just hangs at this screen the whole time:

Here are My Specs:

Asrock z77 Extreme 6
        I5-3570K @ 4.5
        Evga Geforce 780 GTX
        8 Gig Kingston Hyper X Blu
        Samsung 840 Pro SSD
        Corsair CX600M PSU
        Windows 7 64 Bit

Thanks in advance!

-A
        You should be checking the Dr Debug display on the board while POST is hanging as it does, for a clue about what POST process is taking so long.

Did you uninstall the graphics driver you had installed with the 660 TI, and then do a clean install of a new driver for the 780?

Comment

Working...
        X