Asrock H97 Killer memory issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock H97 Killer memory issue

I just installed an H97 Killer motherboard with a Pentium G3258, and it works just fine at 1333 memory speed, but whenever I attempt to activate an XMP profile it just simply will not post.

I've tried different memory banks with both a pair of Kingston Hyper X beast 8GB modules, and a pair of Corsair Vengeance 4GB modules but neither make a difference.

I was thinking that maybe this could be a defective memory controller at first, but I would probably be having some more serious issues if that were the case, so at this point I am thinking that this motherboard needs a BIOS update.

Anyone have thoughts about this? it is a rather odd issue.

Like I said above everything works perfectly fine at 1333Mhz, but it will not post at 1600Mhz XMP

Any ideas are appreciated Thanks.
    Last edited by thunderbird085; 07-12-2014, 08:19 AM.

Re: Asrock H97 Killer memory issue

Do you know how to enter the speed. timings, and voltages in the BIOS manually?

That might "cure' your problem.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Is the memory you mentioned listed in your board's memory compatibility list?

When you select the XMP profile, check if the DRAM voltage was increased.

Comment

Thank you for the responses so far.

Yes I have tried setting the UEFI for the memory manually, and still nothing.

And I have also tried increasing the voltage from 1.5V in .25V increments up to 1.65V.

Yes the Kingston KHX18C10AT3K2/16X is listed, but surprisingly the corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 is not which is memory that has been on the market since 2011.

Comment

Below is addressing the Kingston sticks the OP has, that those we at least know the model # of.

Careful there pushing past their rated 1.5v.

Instead of the XMP Profile #?, 1600 9-9-9-(?) 1.5v, manually enter their JEDEC 1600 11-11-11-(32? or AUTO) 1.5v and retry.

The ? marks there above, I can't find specs to supplant that ? with. Any chance for a CPU-z screenie of the SPD tab on these Kingstons?
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X