After adding new RAM monitor doesnt display anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After adding new RAM monitor doesnt display anything

Hi, today i added KINGSTON DDR3 4GB/1333 CL9 for my P67 Extreme4, and with new RAM monitor just goes idle. Without new ram computer works perfect. Tried new ram in all slots without old ones and still same problem. I had 1.1 bios and then updated it to 3.1 and now with new ram memory computer just turns on and off every 10 seconds +/-(monitor still doesnt display anything). So, i have no idea what should i do. Please help.

Re: After adding new RAM monitor doesnt display anything

That sounds like a compatibility issue.

1. Mixing ram is not usually recommended. Your "old" and "new" most likely won't play well together. See 2 below.

2. If you'd like to see if the new alone plays well, clear you BIOS before installing just the new and retry.

3. Details please. What make and model are both kits?

4. Again, it's possible the two kits just aren't compatible. Reply to 3 above please.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

1.Yes, before ordering new one i checked old ones frequency. Thought if they both have 1333MHz then should be fine.
      2.Just take out old RAM set bios to default settings then add new RAM ?
      3.New RAM:KINGSTON DDR3 4GB/1333 CL9 Single Channel
      Old: 2x
      DDR3 2048MB 1333MHz CL9 GOODRAM Dual Channel

Checked DRAM frequency in CPU-Z for old ones and it shows 665MHz when it should be 1333.

Comment

Originally posted by Estatic View Post
        1.Yes, before ordering new one i checked old ones frequency. Thought if they both have 1333MHz then should be fine.
        2.Just take out old RAM set bios to default settings then add new RAM ?
        3.New RAM:KINGSTON DDR3 4GB/1333 CL9 Single Channel
        Old: 2x
        DDR3 2048MB 1333MHz CL9 GOODRAM Dual Channel

Checked DRAM frequency in CPU-Z for old ones and it shows 665MHz when it should be 1333.
        CPU-z and most others will report half the rated speed. 665x2=1330. That's how DDR is reported. Dual Data Rate.

The speed/Mhz is less important when matching different kits than their actual timings are. For example, 9-9-9-24 kit and an 11-11-11-31 kits are so very different that w/o some serious work the most likely won't play well together. If at all.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X