ASrock Bios explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock Bios explained

Is there a web page or a guide to the bios settings. I was having an issue with my keyboard and video card. I kept changing settings until they worked. I would like to have a more in-dept guide then just guessing at what I changed.

ASrock z97 extreme6
    i7-4790K

ASrock BIOS overview on youtube. Not a bad video. Trying to find more like it.

An overview of ASRock's UEFI BIOS on the ASRock Extreme6/GB Motherboard, more information on http://www.ThinkComputers.org"Like" us on Facebook!http://www.fa...
    Last edited by rub900; 07-09-2014, 08:52 PM. Reason: Taking away bad review adding link to youtube

Re: ASrock Bios explained

Originally posted by rub900 View Post
    Is there a web page or a guide to the bios settings. I was having an issue with my keyboard and video card. I kept changing settings until they worked. I would like to have a more in-dept guide then just guessing at what I changed. To be frank, I am glad I have a degree in computers because this has been one of worse boards I have ever tried to configure.

ASrock z97 extreme6
    i7-4790K
    Sorry if this sounds harsh but, you don't sounds like someone who has a degree. I can't tell if you don't know what the settings do or if you are having to randomly change settings for them to work right, in which case you should still know better, the bios may bugged in the case. i believe the bios in my AsRock Extreme 4 990FX is bugged pretty bad.

Comment

I need someone to reply that knows what they are talking about. I thought maybe I could get answers here, but I think I will have to open a ticket with tech support. If this is ASrock's idea of a support using "tweaktown" I am disappointed and concerned. I feel that I have made a mistake buying this board. I am thinking I will not buy one of their boards again. Again I ask, is their a more in-dept guide to the bios options. If you do not know the answer to this question do not post.

I got back a response from ASrock. What a joke. I will never never buy another mother board from them again. Good job. Anyone reading this. Please do not buy this product. This company sucks.

For technical issue and emergency case, we suggest you to contact your dealer first.

If your dealer can’t solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists (http://www.asrock.com/support
      Last edited by rub900; 07-08-2014, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Tech ARP - The Definitive BIOS Optimization Guide

Or, money well spent:
        Tech ARP - Where The Best In Technology Gather
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

ASRock > Support). Some similar questions or solutions could be found there and our technical support engineers update the FAQ every month.

If it is regarding repair/RMA service, please kindly check with your dealer for related service. Please remember to record the model name & product serial number for future tracking.

Thanks for your email,
          ASRock Technical Support Division
          I know it's not the answer you wanted. At least the other guy gave you link to a bios guide but, if you have a bugged bios... I'm not sure any one CAN help you. I'm in the same exact boat. I'v tried contacting AsRock only to get blown off. In my case all I can do I is what any computer tech can do...trial and error. if this setting causes this glitch then what does this setting do? ON top of all that Each brand and model has different bios options. It's a crappy answer but, it seems we have crappy bioses/support.

Comment

Thanks Wardog for the links. I am looking them over now. I have noticed they are not specific to ASrock's BIOS and they are a little dated. I am thinking I will have to start my own webpage and slowly gather the information myself. I am confused way there is not a guide to the bios on the ASrock website. The manual and guide included in the bios is weak as best. It took me too long and too much clicking to stop the computer from freezing. I have found out several things in the process. If you have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 you need to pick gen2 in the video options. If you have a USB 2.0 mouse you need to use the front USB header connecting to the USB 2.0 header on the mother board and disable the USB 3.0 support in the BIOS. Two things I cannot figure out. Why my memory is changing from 2400 to 1333 and how to change from performance mode to standard mode in the bios. I used the A-Tuning software to do it, but it does not save it. It defaults back to what the mother board is set at and I cannot figure out how to set it in the bios. I like to figure out computer settings. I do it all the time at work, but this puzzle has been more than I wanted to do in my spare time.

Comment

Thanks Wardog for the links. I am looking them over now. I have noticed they are not specific to ASrock's BIOS and they are a little dated. I am thinking I will have to start my own webpage and slowly gather the information myself. I am confused way there is not a guide to the bios on the ASrock website. The manual and guide included in the bios is weak as best. It took me too long and too much clicking to stop the computer from freezing. I have found out several things in the process. If you have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 660 you need to pick gen2 in the video options. If you have a USB 2.0 mouse you need to use the front USB header connecting to the USB 2.0 header on the mother board and disable the USB 3.0 support in the BIOS. Two things I cannot figure out. Why my memory is changing from 2400 to 1333 and how to change from performance mode to standard mode in the bios. I used the A-Tuning software to do it, but it does not save it. It defaults back to what the mother board is set at and I cannot figure out how to set it in the bios. I like to figure out computer settings. I do it all the time at work, but this puzzle has been more than I wanted to do in my spare time.
              Are you by any chance changing the RAM timings manually? On my Extreme 4 990FX if i set ANY ram timings the ram under clocks. if not that's probably what is happening when you are switching it to performance mode, it's trying to adjust the timings for better performance but, ass soon as it adjusts the timings, it's borks it's self over write some other setting the causing the ram to under clock.

I'm curious what happen if you try to use the rear USB 3.0 ports for your keyboard and mouse? Assuming it has any.

I don't know weather it's AsRocks fault or not as far as the Bios coverage in them manual being weak, i've seen it before on quality boards with lots and lots of options but, i'm going to lean towards AsRock having non existent support and un skilled bios engineers. It's starting to seem to me AsRock may not know what they are doing. Perhaps there is a reason Asus disowned AsRock. Obviously having such issues my opinion is biased.

Comment

Originally posted by cdoublejj View Post
                It's starting to seem to me AsRock may not know what they are doing.
                That's taking it a wee far isn't it?

OP, now it's me that is confused. if I'm reading that CPU-z report correctly, why is your mem still running at 1333 JEDEC defaults? The i7-4790K is rated for 1600 stock.
                #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post

OP, now it's me that is confused. if I'm reading that CPU-z report correctly, why is your mem still running at 1333 JEDEC defaults? The i7-4790K is rated for 1600 stock.
                  Is it? It seems they are having difficult time getting bioses to work properly. My AMD board has the same bios memory problem.

is it me or is that wrong/wierd

Comment

Originally posted by cdoublejj View Post
                    I have a few kits of that Samsung Magic Ram. It's worked in every board, AMD or Intel, myself and parsec have ever put it in. Suggest you start your own thread here. Parsec and myself are very very "educated' with that memory. PM me the link when you do.

Comment

I have a few kits of that Samsung Magic Ram. It's worked in every board, AMD or Intel, myself and parsec have ever put it in. Suggest you start your own thread here. Parsec and myself are very very "educated' with that memory. PM me the link when you do.

I have, http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...os-glitch.html

And the glitch acts differently between bios versions, so that fact it exists in more than bios version and in this guys intel board tells me they have something funny going on. It's nearly thesame exact bug in this guys' board and both bios version i tired on my board.

Comment

I agree. I am not sure why the memory is running at 1333. I can manually set it, but if I am reading posts on various tech sites correctly increasing the speed will also increase the voltage of the memory. Do I want to do that? The computer is fast and over clocks to 4.4gz, so no complaints here. But would it be faster (really how much faster does it need to be?) or will I just burn out the memory or worse the controller? Getting back to the BIOS. And I am really not trying to beat a dead horse. I just wish the help screen in the BIOS would give more information. Just a suggestion. I just wish the board was more forgiving of USB 2.0 devices connecting to USB 3.0. Same with the video card. I had to guess at what gen my card was to correctly set it. Thanks wardog for taking the time to read my posts.

Comment

I though USB was supposed to be FULLY backwards compatible?

So what are you saying is if you up the speed you are not sure if it will burn up the RAM? I'd think since it's preset bios settings it shouldn't put it to high but, with the other bios glitches I wouldn't put it past it. @ 4.4ghz i'd think the CPU would get performance boost @ 1600mhz ram speed versus 1333mhz, this seems to be general consensus i read in various forums and threads.

Unless it's the low voltage ram i'd probably give it ago. If burned up your ram, i'd try and RMA it or have AsRock replace it and if not, i'd just start telling people what happened and warn them to stay away fro mas rock. while OCing guaranteed, no pre set bios setting should fry your components as that's beyond bad.

Comment

OP, show me the SPD and Memory tabs of CPU-Z for your 2400Mhz mem. Remember to flip the slot choice on the SPD tab to show a slot with a stick in it to display specs.

Comment

OP, show me the SPD and Memory tabs of CPU-Z for your 2400Mhz mem. Remember to flip the slot choice on the SPD tab to show a slot with a stick in it to display specs.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	memory1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	754477

Comment

Working...
                              X