Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H87 Performance USB 3.0 ports not working with 3.0 devices

Hello all,

Unfortunately I have a problem that I cannot seem to solve after searching around for quite a while. My USB3.0 ports do not function when I connect a USB 3.0 device to them, however will function if I connect USB 2.0 devices to them. I've tried installing drivers for the host controller (though I have no idea what they do in all honesty) and changing USB settings in the BIOS but they still will not function with a USB 3.0 device. There are power in the ports though as I connected a 3.0 expansion drive to the ports and it had turned on but Windows didn't detect its presence. I am running Windows 8.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Re: H87 Performance USB 3.0 ports not working with 3.0 devices

Originally posted by DumplingSoup View Post
    Any ideas as to what the problem may be?
    Not at this point, but only because I(we) didn't get any specific HW being used by you in your original post.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: H87 Performance USB 3.0 ports not working with 3.0 devices

Thanks for the response.

I managed to fix the problem in the end by fiddling around a little more and changing the USB selective suspend setting to disabled in the power options. Tested the hardware out after that and everything worked fine. Found that unexpected since I thought power plans should not need to be touched on a desktop...

The specific hardware I was connecting to my computer were just a simple Lexar USB3.0 32GB and a 2TB Seagate 3.5" expansion drive, which before changing the setting in the power options did not detect when plugged into the 3.0 ports.

Thank you for the quick response though. :D

Comment

Working...
      X