Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme3 970, problem booting with new parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme3 970, problem booting with new parts?

Hey guys, my old cpu died so I got myself a FX 6300K to replace it. Once I replaced the cpu I'm now not getting to post, but I'm not getting any error beeps either. I see there's a sticky on having to update the bios for 6core cpus but it entailed using the old cpu to update the bios chipset, but due to my old one being dead I'm unsure as to how I'd do this? The mobo is giving led message 5A, which I think is a problem with the cpu at least? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spec incase you need it:
    Mobo: ASRock extreme3 970
    GFX: R7 670 (brand new also as with the 6300)
    CPU: FX 6300k
    HDD: Seagate 500GB
    RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR3
    Last edited by kcirl; 06-30-2014, 10:40 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Extreme3 970, problem booting with new parts?

So just a quick update on where I am now, I've been advised elsewhere that 5a relates to the cpu and its chipset not working with my current bios version. I reseated the old dodgy cpu in the hopes of me being able to flash it with that and now I'm getting a different sequence of led errors, they go as follows: 4d, 60, 71, FF and then iy hangs on 97, anyone have any suggestions? ?

Comment

New update, managed to get my machine to boot through my old cpu and gfx card, now I'm trying to install the newest bios, but when I go to install it I'm getting the error ROM file ID is not compatible with BIOS ID?
      ROM File ID: AS568172
      ROM file GUID: b5c59087-feac-4b41-9d80790ba5aa070f?? I'm now completely stumped..

Comment

New update, managed to get my machine to boot through my old cpu and gfx card, now I'm trying to install the newest bios, but when I go to install it I'm getting the error ROM file ID is not compatible with BIOS ID?
        ROM File ID: AS568172
        ROM file GUID: b5c59087-feac-4b41-9d80790ba5aa070f?? I'm now completely stumped..

Comment

Working...
        X