Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibly badly plugged in: Asrock 960GC-GS FX I hear no mic at all (not software)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly badly plugged in: Asrock 960GC-GS FX I hear no mic at all (not software)

Hello!

I got my motherboard asrock 960GC-GS FX days ago, I suspect the guy who "fix" my pc done it's job bad and cables are wrongly plugged in or connected (hardware parts)
    The reason I think that is

1) I hear no initial beep when booting, and I see no green or red lights at front (however pc boots and loads windows 7)
    2) I have annoying audio issues, for instance: theres absolutely no way I can hear microphone, I'm testing with 2 different headsets (they work on any other device), tried plugin the pink in front panel, or back panel, no sound at all. You can't record anything.
    Abount hearing: I hear sound on headset if I plug it in front panel, but not in back panel.

Instead If I plug a speaker in back panel the sound is extremely low (tried all drivers no improvement). There are no conflicts in computer managment, devices, and all realtek drivers tried worked (the same way).

I took 2 pics, perhaps if there's something badly plugged in someone could tell me what to change (I'm not an expert so I don't want to take the risk of spoiling my new motherboard trying myself without direction)

Click image for larger version

Name:	motherscreens.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	756294

Re: Possibly badly plugged in: Asrock 960GC-GS FX I hear no mic at all (not software)

the lack of speaker and LED lights are due to nothing being plugged in except your power and reset buttons. you didnt show that area in your photos.

your first photo has where the audio from your case is connected to your motherboard and it appears to be connected - remove that one and try again. note that some cases have *two* possible connectors for audio, one the old AC97 standard, one for HD audio.
    You want the HD audio one (thats the one that supports hot plug, and detects when mic and such is plugged in)

the screenshots you've shown are kinda tiny, but it appears that the realtek software sees your mic and headset connected - do you get any sound playback at all?

Comment

Re: Possibly badly plugged in: Asrock 960GC-GS FX I hear no mic at all (not software)

Originally posted by Mussels View Post
      the lack of speaker and LED lights are due to nothing being plugged in except your power and reset buttons. you didnt show that area in your photos.

your first photo has where the audio from your case is connected to your motherboard and it appears to be connected - remove that one and try again. note that some cases have *two* possible connectors for audio, one the old AC97 standard, one for HD audio.
      You want the HD audio one (thats the one that supports hot plug, and detects when mic and such is plugged in)

the screenshots you've shown are kinda tiny, but it appears that the realtek software sees your mic and headset connected - do you get any sound playback at all?

Mine has just "audio". It's properly connected in audio in mother... comes from the front panel cos I followed it.

Took this one now

Name:	IMG_7920.jpg
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	754462

Comment

at the very bottom of that picture is where the front panel stuff is connected for the LED's and such - they could be in the wrong positions or even merely backwards, so check those for speaker/lights.

you havent made it clear what your actual problem is - you cant hear your own mic, or its not working at all?

Comment

at the very bottom of that picture is where the front panel stuff is connected for the LED's and such - they could be in the wrong positions or even merely backwards, so check those for speaker/lights.

you havent made it clear what your actual problem is - you cant hear your own mic, or its not working at all?

Hi! Problem:

My pc is not registering any mic, so when I plug the in pink front panel a headset (lime color for audio, and pink for microphone) I hear sound but I talk, and nothing is detected. For instance in audio recording, the bar doesn't move, because not sound coming from mic is detected at all (dead).

If I plug headset in back panel (lime, audio, pink, microphone) I don't hear sound, nor can I speak in microphone either.

If I plug a speaker on backpanel, sound is anormally LOW, turning volume to maximum I can barely hear something (and a lot of noise).
          If I plug speacker on audio front panel, lime I hear something but very very very low (a 5% of what normally I would do or I do in a notebook with windows xp).

Besides I hear no sound when turning on pc (I mean the initial beep) nor see green and red led in front (I remember that when pc is on a green light was on, and when hd was writting a red light blinked)

Name:	Screen Shot 010.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	754463

I'm sharing a video
          View My Video
          Last edited by fernandosinsonido; 06-28-2014, 11:27 AM. Reason: add video

Comment

See The video shared in previous post perhaps will give you a clue (more than for me).

Name:	Screen Shot 012.jpg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	754464

Comment

in your realtek software, in the advanced settings is it set to make them mute rear, or seperate?

the seperate option treats them as two sound cards, with seperate volume control.

you could have it set to mute the rear when front is connected. oh and as for the sound being super quiet, theres a windows setting that may apply

Comment

in your realtek software, in the advanced settings is it set to make them mute rear, or seperate?

the seperate option treats them as two sound cards, with seperate volume control.

you could have it set to mute the rear when front is connected. oh and as for the sound being super quiet, theres a windows setting that may apply
                Tried both ways, no difference.
                And under "Communications" tab, trid all possibilities too. Actually is like your screenshot (do nothing).

Your ANALOG shows green as active. Mine not.

Also tried disabling front in chipset options in bios, and jumping properly to disable front. Still in that case my analog back panel doesn't show active...

Comment

Working...
                X