Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FM2A88x-itx+ w/ Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mhz crash with window file errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A88x-itx+ w/ Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mhz crash with window file errors

Hi,

I did a search, but I didn't find any threads related to this. I know that the ram I bought is not on the ASRock compatibility list for this board. The ram I have is "Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model 997123R". Whenever I set it to the XMP profile(2400mhz), it will not boot Windows 8.1 64bit. I get various file errors and corruptions at each restart. I have tried not using the XMP profile and setting the timings manually. I have also tried only selecting the 2400mhz option, and I get the same boot issues. I can set it on 2133mhz, and it will boot normal. What other options can I look into before I return the ram.

CPU: AMD A10-7850K
    MOBO: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+
    BIOS: 2.10
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16gb PC2400 (997123R)
    PSU: Corsair C500M
    SSD: Crucial MX100 256gb

Any help is appreciated.

Re: FM2A88x-itx+ w/ Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mhz crash with window file errors

Push an additional +0.005v into the CPU/NB and retry. Watch your temps while doing this.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: FM2A88x-itx+ w/ Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2400mhz crash with window file errors

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      Push an additional +0.005v into the CPU/NB and retry. Watch your temps while doing this.
      I tried that. I added +0.005v to the cpu and +0.005 (1.45625) to the NB/GFX (1.40625) voltage. it crashed the same. Unless I did it wrong. I am quite new.

Comment

Working...
      X