X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating BIOS

Motherboard Model: asrock n68-vs3 fx
    BIOS Version: n68-vs3 fx p1.20

Never updated BIOS before not sure how or which update to choose.

installed windows 8 and I keep getting blue screen error reports: whea uncorrectable error, unexpected kernel mode trap and clock watchdog timeout.

been told that it may be because I need to update my BIOS.

any help appreciated

Re: Updating BIOS

Originally posted by Danny1990 View Post
    been told that it may be because I need to update my BIOS.
    If, IF, that's the case here, go for the Instant Flash BIOS r1.80. Unpack the downloaded file from ASRock and extract the "N68VSF1.80" file to the root of a FAT32/16/12 formatted USB thumb drive, place the drive in a USB 2.0 port, BIOS > Advanced tab > and fire up ASRock Instant Flash.

This should only be performed when you're guaranteed no power outage will occur. Failure will result if the power is discontinued before the Instant Flash has finished.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

BIOS version 1.80 includes "Improve Windows 8 compatibility.". It is about one and a half years old, but is the best you've got.

But, your board has no drivers for Windows 8. Your board has the NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a chipset, which unfortunately is obsolete due to no support (updates) from NVIDIA. Your BSODs may be caused by incompatible drivers for use with Windows 8.

I assume you are using whatever drivers were installed from Windows 8 itself, or if you tried an automatic driver update through Windows 8. Or what have you tried so far?

I spent some time checking NVIDIA's website for drivers, but was not successful for chipset drivers for Windows 8. They have a program to scan a PC's hardware and recommend drivers, but it seems to be only for video drivers.

You can also try this site's NVIDIA driver solution, which is a program that scans your board to suggest which drivers to use:

Recommended Nvidia Chipset Driver : DriverSupport helps keep your PC drivers updated. Windows 8, Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7.

Comment

My comp keeps restarting it self but thanks for the replies dunno if this matters but win xp works fine only win 7/8 make the error messages happen dunno if that helps u tell if bios is the problem.

As for drivers I havent done any yet apart from the ones win8 installed itself during setup.

As for the bios whats the differnce between the dif bios downloads. There was windows flash sumit and 1 other first reply sed the flash 1. But is there a specific reason.

Again would appreciate a reply thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
        X