Accessing Advanced Boot options for low res boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing Advanced Boot options for low res boot

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with getting my machine to pass the windows splash after installing my gfx driver since I installed my new HDD/OS (win 7 ult x64). I was just wondering how I would access the Advanced Boot Options on the ASRock 970 Extreme 3? The last fix I seem to have to try is to get the machine to boot into low res and adjust the resolution to be 1920 x 1080 and reboot but I can't for the life of me get to low res boot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Kev

Re: Accessing Advanced Boot options for low res boot

Any advanced boot options are in the BIOS, or via F11 during POST, or whatever function key for the boot menu is shown on the board's splash screen.

But, I doubt you'll be able to select any display resolution in a boot menu, particularly with a discrete video card. Personally, I've never owned a board that allowed you to set the video resolution in the BIOS or pre-OS environment.

Your problem is not clear to me, "... getting my machine to pass the windows splash after installing my gfx driver...". What is happening, a blank screen? Error message? Restart?

I've never had resolution problems after installing a driver, unless your monitor is unusual or a TV. Do you have more than one monitor connected to the video card?

You could try starting Windows in Safe Mode, but given the limited driver, etc, loading, you'll be in low res mode automatically and probably unable to adjust the resolution.

A list of your hardware and better description of the problem would be a big help.

Comment

Working...
    X