Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Vision HT stuck at a logo when no keyboard is connected (EFI BOOT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Vision HT stuck at a logo when no keyboard is connected (EFI BOOT)

Hi all,
    I have searched through these forums before asking for help with my issue, but no similar issue found.
    My rig is a
    Vision HT 323B connected to a Panasonic plasma TV vi HDMI. The mobo is a HM77 Intel chipset. BIOS version is 1.50 updated by Instant Flash (Internet update from UEFI didn't worked for some reason).
    The computer serves as HTPC so I ran an OpenELEC 4.03 distro without any problem untill I wanted to speed up the booting process so I switched to UEFI boot. After some fiddling with a correct setup I got a system that boot so fast from SSD with UEFI.
    Happy with the result I disconnected an USB keyboard and shut down OpenELEC via infrared remote. However on the next power on it stuck at a splash screen that shows a green ASRock logo.
    Tried to restart it several times, no luck. Loaded UEFI defaults, disconnected kbd - still the same issue. In the end I found that the system start to boot immediately after the moment when USB keyboard is connected (even at the mentioned splash screen). When reverted to BIOS boot device, the system fail to boot (as there is no loader in MBR at GPT partitioned disk) but no green logo at all.
    Did you experienced a similar behaviour with ASRock UEFI on the same MB or generally on another ASRock mobos?

Any help would be amazing.

Re: ASRock Vision HT stuck at a logo when no keyboard is connected (EFI BOOT)

I've spent several hours with trying to resolve thi issue, but no luck. The only solution I've found is to downgrade BIOS from 1.50 to a previous (original) release 1.0. I miss some new features such as Fast boot but I can run my HTPC without a keyboard connected. Despite of the unavailability of Fast boot I'm getting very fast cold boot times ( < 6 sec) using EFI boot
    So if you want to run an Vision HT with EFI boot and without keyboard, stick with the original BIOS.

Comment

Working...
    X