X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Booting from additional raidcontroller - Z87-E

Hi all,

i have following problem.

I have a Z87-E MB. I configured a RAID5 with 4xHDD on the OnBoard Raidcontroller. Addionaly i installed a Dawicontrol DC300e for my OS-SSD. In the Boot Options i selected my DC300e Raidcontroller(SSD with WHS 2011 OS)...but it still boots from my internal Raid, which has no OS.

What can i do?

Thx for your help.

Re: No Booting from additional raidcontroller - Z87-E

Your board may not be able to boot from a storage controller (Dawicontrol DC300e) in a PCIe slot, most boards cannot do that.

The problem really is the lack of an Option ROM for your DC300e, which is stored as part of the BIOS file. Your board's BIOS has Intel Option ROMs for the Intel SATA chip on your board, but that's all.

Dawicontrol might have a program that adds an Option ROM to the BIOS image, but it may not work for several reasons, including no free space for the Option ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Your board may not be able to boot from a storage controller (Dawicontrol DC300e) in a PCIe slot, most boards cannot do that.

The problem really is the lack of an Option ROM for your DC300e, which is stored as part of the BIOS file. Your board's BIOS has Intel Option ROMs for the Intel SATA chip on your board, but that's all.

Dawicontrol might have a program that adds an Option ROM to the BIOS image, but it may not work for several reasons, including no free space for the Option ROM.
      Hi Parsec,

thx for your relpy. Have you got any suggestions, how to realize a bootable SSD, which operates with OS?

Thx

Comment

For all, who have the same problem. You have to update the bios to si3231 bios. Then it's bootable.

Comment

Originally posted by semerkand View Post
          For all, who have the same problem. You have to update the bios to si3231 bios. Then it's bootable.
          Great, that BIOS update for your card may have accomplished what I mentioned, added an Option ROM to the board's BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
            Great, that BIOS update for your card may have accomplished what I mentioned, added an Option ROM to the board's BIOS.
            thx for your hint

Comment

Working...
            X