Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODS ASROCK N68C-S UCC

Hi,
    For the past 2 months I have been plagued with constant blue screens on my home computer which I have been able to figure out why. Whilst reading up on this issue I have done a clean wipe of the hard drive and clean installed Windows 7 multiple times to no avail. I recently clean installed windows 8.1 and it ran smoothly for a while but after a couple of weeks the BSOD became constant again. The coputer barely has anything on it and I have updated all the drivers and BIOS to the newest version I could find. These blue screens occur mostly when watching a video on YouTube of playing a game, but sometime occur when the computer is idle with nothing running. I downloaded Who Crashed to try and pinpoint the specific problem and it keep pointing to the ntoskrl.exe such as;
    Code:
    [SIZE=1][B]On Mon 02/06/2014 17:22:10 GMT your computer crashed[/B]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\060214-29062-01.dmp[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]This was probably caused by the following module: [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI][URL="http://www.google.com/search?q=ntoskrnl.exe"]ntoskrnl.exe[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI] (nt+0x14DCA0) [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]Bugcheck code: 0x133 (0x1, 0x1E00, 0x0, 0x0)[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]Error: [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI][URL="http://www.google.com/search?q=MSDN+bugcheck+DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"]DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]product: [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI][URL="http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft%C2%AE%20Windows%C2%AE%20Operating%20System"]Microsoft� Windows� Operating System[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]company: [/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=Segoe UI][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI][URL="http://www.google.com/search?q=Microsoft%20Corporation"]Microsoft Corporation[/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]description: NT Kernel & System[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI]This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might be caused by a thermal issue. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [/SIZE][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Segoe UI][SIZE=1]The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. [/SIZE]
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I raised this on a Microsoft support forum and after posting the dumps from the crashes they said that the most likely cause of the bsods is a file called AsrIbDrv.sys.I was told to try to locate and upgrade or uninstall the file but was unable t find it. I have attached the image in dropbox here as it is not in the specified file path. The file also shows up on autoruns but does not show a location.

I was advised to seek help from the ASRock Support Forum and see if there is any solution to this problem.
    I have attached the minidumps files also in my dropbox here
    Hoping you can help thanks.

Re: Please help. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSODS ASROCK N68C-S UCC

What are the results of a memtest86+ run? Please let it run at least once through all the tests (could take an hour or more). Also please post your computer specs.

Comment

These are the specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro
      Version 6.3.9600 Build 9600
      Other OS Description Not Available
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Name KND
      System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
      System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
      System Type x64-based PC
      System SKU To Be Filled By O.E.M.
      Processor AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840 Processor, 3200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
      BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.60, 19/09/2011
      SMBIOS Version 2.4
      Embedded Controller Version 255.255
      BIOS Mode Legacy
      BaseBoard Manufacturer ASRock
      BaseBoard Model Not Available
      BaseBoard Name Base Board
      Platform Role Desktop
      Secure Boot State Unsupported
      PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
      Windows Directory C:\Windows
      System Directory C:\Windows\system32
      Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
      Locale United Kingdom
      Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.3.9600.16408"
      User Name KND
      Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
      Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
      Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB
      Available Physical Memory 2.68 GB
      Total Virtual Memory 8.00 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 6.53 GB
      Page File Space 4.00 GB
      Page File C:\pagefile.sys
      Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
      Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
      Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
      Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I am burning a burning a bootable memtest86 disc now and i will post the result here once i have them.

Comment

We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs
        portion of your forum profile at the bottom of the profile page or in your forum signature.
        Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
        When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.
        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
          We need detailed information about ALL OF THE HARDWARE in your system.

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs
          portion of your forum profile at the bottom of the profile page or in your forum signature.
          Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
          When you are done editing or creating your hardware list, save the settings.
          I have used CPU-Z to make a txt. Log of all hardware and components within the PC. If this information is insufficient please guide me through how to obtain the information needed. Thanks.

KEN.txt

Comment

The only useful information provided by cpu-z is: AMD Phenom II X4 840 and AMD Radeon HD 5450

Look at my PC Specs and forum signature and you will see that I've included brand names and model numbers for the hardware in my system. You need to create a list for your hardware and manually enter this information by clicking on the System Specs or Forum Signature links in my first post.
            You can collect your hardware details by looking at user manuals, receipts or the boxes that they came in.
            After you have saved this information, we will be able to quickly view your complete hardware setup from any of your posts.

You should also tell us if you have overclocked your system and what cpu and memory speeds you are running.
            Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
            P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
            4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
            MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
            Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
            WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
            Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
            SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
            Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
            Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
            Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
            MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
            Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
            HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
            CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
            E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
            Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
            Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
            HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
            win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

The only useful information provided by cpu-z is: AMD Phenom II X4 840 and AMD Radeon HD 5450

Look at my PC Specs and forum signature and you will see that I've included brand names and model numbers for the hardware in my system. You need to create a list for your hardware and manually enter this information by clicking on the System Specs or Forum Signature links in my first post.
              You can collect your hardware details by looking at user manuals, receipts or the boxes that they came in.
              After you have saved this information, we will be able to quickly view your complete hardware setup from any of your posts.

You should also tell us if you have overclocked your system and what cpu and memory speeds you are running.
              Ok I will do that now and get back to you. Also the Memtest done 6 passes and found no errors. Also i forgot to previously mention that I ran a driver verifier on 3rd party drivers and it forced constant blue screens.
              Last edited by KND; 06-03-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I have added all current hardware specs (to the best of my knowledge) to my profile as requested. Also my system is not overclocked that I know of and my DRAM speed is running at 401.8Mhz and my CPU is 3.2ghz. Please let me know what else you need. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X