z87 extreme 4 + windows 8 won't shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z87 extreme 4 + windows 8 won't shutdown

As the title say, windows 8.1 and extreme 4, instead turning off, it do a reboot, so I've to wait the bios post to shut down the pc via power button.
    It happen when I try to turn off with windows menu and with power button, it's tree same, and happen random, yesterday shut down successfully, today not...
    This things drive Mr crazy, so help would be appreciated :-)
    Tnx

Re: z87 extreme 4 + windows 8 won't shutdown

Originally posted by MaximilianPs View Post
    As the title say, windows 8.1 and extreme 4, instead turning off, it do a reboot, so I've to wait the bios post to shut down the pc via power button.
    It happen when I try to turn off with windows menu and with power button, it's tree same, and happen random, yesterday shut down successfully, today not...
    This things drive Mr crazy, so help would be appreciated :-)
    Tnx

The changes suggested on this link worked for me:-

Comment

Originally posted by CaneMan View Post
      The changes suggested on this link worked for me:-
      I'll try it, thank you :)

Comment

Saddly it didn't work, just yesterday night, I've turned off the PC by pushing the powerbutton, and after windows was shutted down (black screen) instead turn off, it get back to the POST Screen.. and then it start again

Comment

Try this: move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen. You should then see the Windows 8 icon, the four panel window.

Next, right click your mouse and you should get a list of options. Very near the bottom of the list you should see "Shut down or sign out".

Put the mouse pointer on that entry and you should then see four options, one of them should be "Shut down". Just click on that, it is a normal shutdown that does not perform the Win 8 fast start feature, which I know you have disabled now, but try this anyway.

Also, are you using any settings in the BIOS that are not default settings? Certain ones might cause your problem.

Comment

Good point, tomorrow I'll try to rest bios to default

Comment

Another possible solution. Downgrade to W7 and wait for W9 ;)

Comment

Do you use RamDisk that saves the content to the HDD? Does Windows clear the pagefile at shutdown? Are there any Windows Updates pending install?

Comment

First of all, thank you all :)

Originally posted by startool View Post
                  Do you use RamDisk that saves the content to the HDD? Does Windows clear the pagefile at shutdown? Are there any Windows Updates pending install?
                  Maybe I've got the point, sfc /scannow have discovered some problems but it wasn't able to fix it.
                  Also, I've tried to run sfc in safe mode but I've got the same problem (It wasn't able to restore some files)
                  I noticed also that on my windows\winsxs\temp there was a bunch of files inside the PendingDelete and PendingRename folders, which I've deleted by hand too...

I guess I should investigate on the sfc error.

Comment

Fixed by downgrading bios at v. 2.60

Comment

Working...
                    X