Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer problems

necro-update:

It seems like what caused issues for me when choosing 2400mhz profile was my PSU. I was using 450w 80+ bronze with 7850k+270X. I realized what the issue was after installing new case fans. I noticed that one of the fans was not spinning but led's were glowing and occasionally system would restart for no apparent reason.

Anyway, I got AX860 instead (a little futureproofing for the future 4K needs too) and now all my vents are working and 2400mhz is stable simply by choosing profile 1 without bumping voltages.

Link below is a 1.83 version of BIOS that ASRock sent me to fix memory clearing issues. Also with official 1.70 BIOS version the shared memory was set to auto and it would use 78.8MB as hardware reserved but with this newer version it reserves 1GB when on auto. Should I change the value manually since I'm using a dGPU anyways?

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!
    Last edited by pidgin; 05-03-2014, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Re: ASRock FM2A88X+ Killer problems

Wow!

Talk about riding the razors edge regarding a failing PSU. Good thing you caught the fans not spinning.

Monitoring voltages and you would most likely have caught that too though.

Glad to hear you finally got to the root of your problems there.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
      X