A Memory Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Memory Question

I will be using a newer Asrock motherboard have some memory by corsair thathas a cas of 11, but it recommends for this board is a 9 cas, how will thisaffect my system?
    Thank you

Re: A Memory Question

Where are you seeing a recommendation for a specific latency of memory? Is it just a different model of Corsair memory?

What is the model number of the memory you have, and the model of ASRock board you will be using? Is it the Z87 Extreme 4?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Where are you seeing a recommendation for a specific latency of memory? Is it just a different model of Corsair memory?

What is the model number of the memory you have, and the model of ASRock board you will be using? Is it the Z87 Extreme 4?
      parsec,

ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX is the mobo I looked it up on the AsRock site. I maybe am concerned about nothing, it just have this menory and if I can use it then I will, Corsair CMX8GX3M1A1600C11 (single 8G).

billdoit2

Comment

parsec,

ASRock B85M Pro4 Micro ATX is the mobo I looked it up on the AsRock site. I maybe am concerned about nothing, it just have this menory and if I can use it then I will, Corsair CMX8GX3M1A1600C11 (single 8G).

billdoit2

Comment

It's hard to say if it will work, because I don't see a Corsair CMX model in your board's memory support list. There are multiple Corsair CMD models listed.

The latency being different is not the issue with compatibility, since that can be easily set in the BIOS. I can't tell you if it will be compatible or not, but many times if a model of memory is not in the compatibility list, it might not work.

Comment

Working...
          X