Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 1150 Extreme6 board. But XFast RAM won't load.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 1150 Extreme6 board. But XFast RAM won't load.

I have an Extreme6 (first new build in 9 years!) and I cannot get the Xfast RAM utility to run.
    1. It is present in the "A-Tuning" application that came with the motherboard. But when I select the "XFast RAM" under tools, I get the message "Please Update XFast RAM to the latest version".
    2. There is no independent "XFast RAM" download from the ASRock support board for the Extreme6.
    3. I found "ASRXFastRAM.exe" in the programs directory. But when I execute it, it says that it is already installed. If so, how do I access it if it won't work in the A-Tuning software, or have it's own icon/shortcut to start it?

Does anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions for how I can get XFastRAM to run?
    System is:
    ASRock Extreme6 motherboard
    i5-4670K
    Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit
    PNY Pro 240gb SSD
    8GB G.Skill 2400 RAM

Re: New 1150 Extreme6 board. But XFast RAM won't load.

I assume you mean a Z87 Extreme 6 board, I have one. I had A-Tuning installed, but never created a RAM drive with it, as I had done with my ASR Z77 boards.

So I tried it, and the XFast RAM "button" in A-Tuning would not highlight or work at all. I had both programs installed, done by installing A-Tuning. There is no way to run XFast RAM by itself, since it needs the A-Tuning UI to configure it.

I had cloned my OS installation to a new SSD, which I've seen cause issues for some software. I noticed in Device Manager, where the XFast RAM drive is an actual device listed under Storage Controllers, that the main Properties page had "This device is working correctly" displayed. Hmm, not really for me.

So I uninstalled A-Tuning, and XFast RAM, which are separate programs listed in Windows Programs and Features. Rebooted and ran the A-Tuning installation program again. I then was able to run XFast RAM from A-Tuning, and created a RAM drive fine. So I would try uninstalling A-Tuning and XFast RAM, get the latest version from our board's download page, and install it again.

When you create the RAM drive, you first configure it for size and what it will be used for, and click Apply. Then you must click Start for it to be created. It will be created at that point, but you must reboot before it is complete.

Comment

Ok. So I had the time to go back to this and it figured out.

Failure mode: New computer. Installed all drivers and utilities from included CD to get up and running. Then went to ASRock and downloaded all the updated drivers and utilities and installed them. This created a conflict (confusion?) with the ASRock A-Tune software as far as pointing to the correct XFast-RAM utility.

Solution: Thru the windows software management windows: Uninstall A-Tune. Uninstall XFast-RAM. Re-install with the latest A-Tune download from ASRock.

Problem solved and it works!

Hope this help others. And thanks to those who helped.

Comment

seems I have the same problem with a z87 extreme 3 board I just bought a week ago. I find that xfast ram is in the uninstall programs list showing ver 2.0.28 but asrock supports says I should install ver 3.0.3... thing is I cant find such a version on their website anywhere to download.

Comment

Originally posted by gvilkas View Post
          seems I have the same problem with a z87 extreme 3 board I just bought a week ago. I find that xfast ram is in the uninstall programs list showing ver 2.0.28 but asrock supports says I should install ver 3.0.3... thing is I cant find such a version on their website anywhere to download.
          Nothing like helping and then not helping... as noted above, XFast RAM does not exist as a single download file, it is part of the A-Tuning installation package. XFast RAM version 3.0.3 is included with the version of A-Tuning that my ASRock Z97 board uses, which is A-Tuning ver:2.0.112.3.

No idea what OS you use, but in general the latest version of A-Tuning for your board is: ASRock A-Tuning utility ver:2.0.44

But, given the way A-Tuning is designed and installed (one installer for many boards, 106, and all the files are copied but not used), you might as well try the version available on my board's download page:

66.226.78.22/downloadsite/utility/A-Tuning/A-Tuning(v2.0.112.3).zip

I checked that your board is among those supported by this download, it is. This version for Windows 7 and 8.

Comment

thanks .xfast ram 3.0.3 is now loaded. Best advice anywhere to-date.
            Last edited by gvilkas; 07-15-2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

This thread lives!!

So the installer I suggested worked for you? I thought it would.

Comment

Working...
              X