Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + H727 AverTV tuner compatibility issues

Hi,
    I have been having random boot behaviour which seems caused by my PCI-E AverTV H727 card.
    The threads linked below are very similar to what I have been experiencing.

Card worked at first on PCIe slot 4. I started having issue with boot ( no boot, fans on, no keyboard no display, doesn't even get to the first screen to enter BIOS)
    Fault finding came down to the TV card. I swapped to PCIe slot 1 and was happy for a few weeks.
    PC stopped booting with the H727 on either slot.
    I found the thread above and raised my VTT, PCH, and PLL voltages settings.
    It seemed to work at first.
    Since I am not that IT savvy, I am worried of the effect of raising those voltages and changed them to AUTO.
    Last boot procedure took 3 attempts and I'm not sure what will happen next.

Can anyone advise what recommended voltage settings I should use? Which one could be linked to my compatibility issue?
    Is my hardware at risk when manually raising those voltages?

________
    edit: VTT at 1.206v seems to boot first go
    Last edited by syl77; 03-29-2014, 07:01 AM. Reason: further testing

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + H727 AverTV tuner compatibility issues

I was going to say the PCH voltage, but if VTT is working for you, then that's what was needed. VTT is the voltage used by the CPU's internal memory controller, so it seems your TV card uses a fair amount of memory , or you have a fairly large amount of memory (16GB), so an increase in VTT is not unreasonable.

The range of VTT is 0.768V to 1.634V, with 1.020V as a standard/default value. Yours as 1.206V is not crazy high at all. If you've been checking CPU temperatures, see if it has increased at all with the increased VTT value. If you even see a small increase in CPU temp, it's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 + H727 AverTV tuner compatibility issues

Thanks for your reply.
      I just ran Prime95 for a while and everything seems under control.

Comment

Working...
      X