Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, remove internal sata drives from the Safely Remove Hardware area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, remove internal sata drives from the Safely Remove Hardware area

As the title says, I would like it if my internal drives did not show up on the Safely Remove Hardware notification area. I have my drive hooked up the the sata III controller. I installed the Sata III drivers from ASRock.

Re: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, remove internal sata drives from the Safely Remove Hardware area

The SATA III ports on your board are provided by the ASMedia ASM1061 SATA controller, which can have an annoying habit of having hot plugging enabled by default, and may not be able to be disabled.

If there is an option in the BIOS for the ASMedia controller to disable hot plugging, use that.

If not, find the ASMedia SATA controller in Device Manager, either in ATA/IDE devices, or Storage Controllers. Open the Properties for it and select the Policies tab. The option to disable hot plugging might be there, if not there is likely nothing else that can be done.

Comment

Re: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3, remove internal sata drives from the Safely Remove Hardware area

Device Manager > Asmedia 106x SATA Controller > Policies > check box - Enable safely remove disk
      This setting enables remove disk safely. To disconnect disk from
      controller, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the taskbar
      notification area.

Note:
      This setting will not take effect until you restart system
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        The SATA III ports on your board are provided by the ASMedia ASM1061 SATA controller, which can have an annoying habit of having hot plugging enabled by default, and may not be able to be disabled.

If there is an option in the BIOS for the ASMedia controller to disable hot plugging, use that.

If not, find the ASMedia SATA controller in Device Manager, either in ATA/IDE devices, or Storage Controllers. Open the Properties for it and select the Policies tab. The option to disable hot plugging might be there, if not there is likely nothing else that can be done.
        OK thak you. That got rid of it but I guess I should have mentioned that I use one slot on that controller for the internal drive and the other slot I use for a front panel eSata port. So on the second slot I would actually like it to show in the Remove Hardware area. Is there a way to split it so one shows up and one doesn't? Wasn't there some registry hacks you could do?

Comment

Oh. E-SATA you say?

Take a look at HotSwap. It's what I use here to "manage' my esata boxes.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

awesome thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X