C2750D4I - P1.80 - Remote Console issues with Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4I - P1.80 - Remote Console issues with Linux

I am running Ubuntu Server 12.04.4 64bit on this board. I've had need to use the remote console through IPMI, and it's giving me a weird issue.

I can get the jviewer.jnlp to run, and when I power cycle, I can see the BIOS screen; I see GRUB and the OS beginning to load. However, once the OS changes runlevel and starts loading services, the display blacks out and I can not get it to show anything at all. It's as if linux has changed screen modes to something the remote console doesn't support, or something. This makes it impossible to log in or do any meaningful troubleshooting without hooking up a monitor at this point.

Thoughts?

Re: C2750D4I - P1.80 - Remote Console issues with Linux

bump

Comment

I had the same issue. I fixed it by disabling the console redirection in the bios. I disabled BOTH forms of console redirection and now I can access the remote con via the IPMI tool. Before I was getting the same behavior as you

Comment

I now believe my "fix" was a red herring. Once I rebooted, I lost the VGA and the remote console. Going through the kernel logs it looks like every time I failed to get the video out, there were kernel errors pertaining to the video driver. The one time I did get video out, there were no kernel issues with the driver. I'm suspecting that is the issue

Comment

yep, with 'nomodset' kernel option in grub I was able to "turn off" the device specific driver and use the default VESA driver. No issues anymore with the graphics

Comment

Working...
          X