Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash Bios Update froze PC Did I birck my Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash Bios Update froze PC Did I birck my Board?

I think I might have bricked my Asrock z77 Exteme 3 motherboard,
    I downloaded the flash Bios from the Asrock site put in on a usb stcik fired up my PC went into the bios and then used the flash bios from there , it found the bios on the stick starterd rto updatre then my system froze, I let my system sit for about an hour because I know that you are not supposed to turn off system when updating the bios.
    After waiting I had to restart my system which when system restarted it beeped the single beep but nothing showed up ( no post) so I let my system sit for 10 minutes ,still nothing so I turned off my system unplugged my PSU reset the CMOS using the jumper, pluggged my PSU back then turn on my system Now I am getting 6 beeps ( I looked it up and says keyboard failure) and still no post.

I am notr sure as to what to do , my first thought is to see if there is a way to either go back to the original bios or to force my system to for bios update from USB

Re: Flash Bios Update froze PC Did I birck my Board?

Hi, sorry to hear about bad flash, If you got access to another computer put the original Bios file version if you know what that was ,on a formatted (fat32)USB 2 stick try use a smallish 4GB I always use, Plaace it in the back of the computer on a USB2 port not USB3, start the computer and spam F6 key if your lucky your get to Instant flash, click the bios file, if this dont work you may need to contact Asrock for replacment Bios chip, assuming it's replacable.
    Good luck!
    Joe-912

Comment

Re: Flash Bios Update froze PC Did I birck my Board?

Originally posted by Joe-912 View Post
      Hi, sorry to hear about bad flash, If you got access to another computer put the original Bios file version if you know what that was ,on a formatted (fat32)USB 2 stick try use a smallish 4GB I always use, Plaace it in the back of the computer on a USB2 port not USB3, start the computer and spam F6 key if your lucky your get to Instant flash, click the bios file, if this dont work you may need to contact Asrock for replacment Bios chip, assuming it's replacable.
      Good luck!
      Joe-912
      ty for your reply I tried this and it didn't work which sucks I guess Iwill have to contact Arock to see if the Bios chip is replacable

Comment

Working...
      X