C2750D4I Will Not POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C2750D4I Will Not POST

I've gotten to the point where its just the C27504DI + PSU + RAM. I've tried each RAM stick in each slot, to no avail. (I have 2X Kingston KVR16N11H/8, which is on their supported memory list). The sticker on the BIOS indicates its version 1.80

When the board is powered up, some lights come on, but nothing goes to the VGA. Monitor is blank. Eventually (after maybe 30 seconds), a light that was solid starts to blink (its the BMC 1 LED). I have no idea what could possibly be wrong. Since I've tried both memory sticks individually in all 4 slots, I'm thinking its not the RAM. Any thoughts?

Re: C2750D4I Will Not POST

Originally posted by nimbus1 View Post
    I've gotten to the point where its just the C27504DI + PSU + RAM. I've tried each RAM stick in each slot, to no avail. (I have 2X Kingston KVR16N11H/8, which is on their supported memory list). The sticker on the BIOS indicates its version 1.80

When the board is powered up, some lights come on, but nothing goes to the VGA. Monitor is blank. Eventually (after maybe 30 seconds), a light that was solid starts to blink (its the BMC 1 LED). I have no idea what could possibly be wrong. Since I've tried both memory sticks individually in all 4 slots, I'm thinking its not the RAM. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I have the exact same problem, but on the C2550D4I.
    I've had the motherboard replaced and still the same issues. I've tried with lots of different ecc and non-ecc/registered/unbuffered.

I've managed to get into BIOS once, and then I immediately updated firmware. Didn't help at all. I'm not seeing any POSTs. :/

I've read about 'bmc reset' but haven't tried it yet.
    This forum thread talks about the bmc reset, http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...i-no-post.html

Regards,
    Martin

Comment

Thanks for replying Martin. I still have not discovered a solution. I RMA'd the board, so when I a replacement I'll let you know how it goes.

Some things I have learned:

Board can take a long time to power on - upwards of 60 seconds.
      Board may not even be "powered" on when you think it is -- connect a fan to one of the CPU fan headers on the mobo so you know for sure when/if its powering on the CPU
      It was suggested to me by an ASRock technician to not try and power on the board until it was "asleep"; noticeable it looks like when the BMC 1 LED starts to blink after about 30 seconds. Not sure if this is necessary or not, but just passing on some information.

Again, will let you know if I discover anything!

Comment

So with the new board in, I'm able to boot, and install linux. I installed ubuntu server, was going to just do a basic install and leave alone to see how much uptime I could get (since I've heard there are some stability issues). Now once it boots, the screen goes dark. Its still sending something to the VGA, because the screen isnt going to sleep, but I cant see anything on it. I know its booted and running because I can ssh to the box, but no VGA is troubling and annoying :(

Comment

I think I am having the same problem. Never had a problem before with this board. It just stoped.
          Leds are on, the one is blinking. Fans from the case and PSU spin up/down/up/down etc.
          No post boot at all. No VGA response.
          Tried 4 different mem strips. No luck. Ordered a second board. Going to try and get an RMA for the board but its just out of warranty so fingers crossed.
          Doen anyone have any idea whats going on with this problem?
          Last edited by spawnreaper; 08-20-2017, 03:49 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
          X