Z87 will not pass post if usb hub installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87 will not pass post if usb hub installed

My Asrock z87 extreme Intel board freezes at the Asrock post screen if a USB hub is plugged in. This happens with USB 2 or USB 3 hub, powered or not. I have fast boot off, delay at 3. Please help TIA JC

re: Z87 will not pass post if usb hub installed

I use USB 2.0 and 3.0 hubs with my ASRock Z87 board, and it works fine.

Is anything connected to the hubs?

No system details, what OS are you using, etc?

Comment

Wasn't there a recent post that this same thing was discussed? ie:stuck at POST with USB connected
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I called Asrock, they had me update the bios to 2.3, it worked. Seemed it matters which processor you have.
        I am using the I7 4770 3.5 ghz, Guess the cpu may have mad a difference.
        I now have a usb 2, and USB 3 hubs connected.

Comment

Working...
        X