Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0 Wrong Temp. Sensor

Originally posted by dhelazt View Post
    I double check it again, then everything is fine. I try some different PSU, corsair cx430, vs450, thermaltake litepower 600, and old delta psu from acer pc. something weird, all those PSU reported with same voltage, even with different models and oem. Is that possible ? that mean something wrong with the sensor IC
    Yes, there must be something wrong with the sensor IC. There is no chance that ALL those PSUs would read the same wrong voltages.

I think it is safe to say the sensor IC is not working correctly. The only thing you could try is updating to the latest BIOS version, 1.60, just in case your current BIOS was corrupted somehow. Otherwise if you can RMA the board, do that, but I don't know if it is still under its warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Yes, there must be something wrong with the sensor IC. There is no chance that ALL those PSUs would read the same wrong voltages.

I think it is safe to say the sensor IC is not working correctly. The only thing you could try is updating to the latest BIOS version, 1.60, just in case your current BIOS was corrupted somehow. Otherwise if you can RMA the board, do that, but I don't know if it is still under its warranty.
      I've update the BIOS to P1.60 and nothing changed. My MB is still under warranty, i've use this MB for 7-8 Months.

Comment

One last idea/thought.

Turn all the MB mounting screws out a full turn and then re-tighten them.

You're there in Indonesia and I'm wondering if the high humidity hasn't corroded or otherwise weakened the ground path the screws provide.

Other than that suggestion I'd file a warranty if that doesn't solve this. Bugger is you might get the same board back from RMA/Warranty and be forced to pay return shipping as what do you think the odds are of them connecting the board to their test bench and find no problems? Rock and a hard place.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          One last idea/thought.

Turn all the MB mounting screws out a full turn and then re-tighten them.

You're there in Indonesia and I'm wondering if the high humidity hasn't corroded or otherwise weakened the ground path the screws provide.

Other than that suggestion I'd file a warranty if that doesn't solve this. Bugger is you might get the same board back from RMA/Warranty and be forced to pay return shipping as what do you think the odds are of them connecting the board to their test bench and find no problems? Rock and a hard place.
          I've try it, release all screws and re-tighten them all but the problem wouldn't go. check the mainboard outside the case without any add-on components like VGA and HDD, but the problems is still there. I think the IC is bad, and there is one way to solve it, just RMA the MB.

Comment

Yep. Get an RMA #, pack her up, and send her out.
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
            X