Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Ok so I've checked all my sata cables and re arranged them and ect ect but the A2 error just simply will NOT go away unless all the sata cables are removed and sometimes that doesn't even cut it.

Re: Asrock x79 extreme6 error A2 dr debug

Does your PC run normally and all the drives are recognized fine and work correctly?

Or does POST stop at A2 and the PC won't boot?

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Does your PC run normally and all the drives are recognized fine and work correctly?

Those, and do you have an OS installed yet on the "boot' drive?
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post

It's keeping me from post

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Those, and do you have an OS installed yet on the "boot' drive?
          I can't even get to install my OS because it won't let me post and there's no video output on the monitor. Just the message "no signal"

Comment

Any chance you might soon offer us a look see at what you have there hardware wise? Or is the plan to keep us guessing, one post at a time?
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Whatever, I'll go first. Using one of the newer R series cards by chance?

Comment

Any chance you might soon offer us a look see at what you have there hardware wise? Or is the plan to keep us guessing, one post at a time?
                Ah my bad, the hardware are as follows:

Mobo- asrock x79 extreme6

Processor- intel i7-3820 LGA2011 sandy bridge

Power supply- RX530 SS (530W)

The two video cards- MSI R7 250 Afterburners for overclocking. (Not over locked yet) 2Gb memory, PCIe 3.0, direct x 11.2

RAM- 2x8 gb sticks of Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1333

The only hard drive- Toshiba 3.5 inch 2TB

A ROSEWILL wireless LAN PCI card

Disk drive- ASUS e green multi recorder/burner with power efficiency

Comment

Whatever, I'll go first. Using one of the newer R series cards by chance?
                  I imagine my video cards might be just that
                  Last edited by Jackx429; 03-16-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackx429 View Post
                    I imagine my video cards might be just that
                    Yea, sorry. Just got back home.

Two things.

First is try a lower generation card in there if you have one, or try and borrow one to test with. The Newer R series have been showing up here with BIOS issues/incompatibilities. They seem to be rolling new BIOSes for the MB's and this issue. Assuming this is your issue.

Second, assuming a different card gets a display going there for you is to then update the BIOS to the latest. The Instant Flash method from within the BIOS is less prone to causing a headache. Look at the Stickies here for http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html , read first and follow precisely if you're affected as messing up there is another headache pit-fall. parsec has done an excellent job there in describing the ins and outs and ifs and buts. Be sure to "Like' it if that there Thread helps. He'll appreciate it.

Comment

Yea, sorry. Just got back home.

Two things.

First is try a lower generation card in there if you have one, or try and borrow one to test with. The Newer R series have been showing up here with BIOS issues/incompatibilities. They seem to be rolling new BIOSes for the MB's and this issue. Assuming this is your issue.

Second, assuming a different card gets a display going there for you is to then update the BIOS to the latest. The Instant Flash method from within the BIOS is less prone to causing a headache. Look at the Stickies here for http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...er-boards.html , read first and follow precisely if you're affected as messing up there is another headache pit-fall. parsec has done an excellent job there in describing the ins and outs and ifs and buts. Be sure to "Like' it if that there Thread helps. He'll appreciate it.
                      I'd love to try this but I don't have any other compatible video cards at my disposal

Comment

Originally posted by Jackx429 View Post
                        I'd love to try this but I don't have any other compatible video cards at my disposal
                        No friends to beg, borrow, ........ or steal one from behind their backs? :)
                        Last edited by - wardog -; 03-16-2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Or even an old PCI card that's now been kicked and scuffed beyond recognition that might still work?

Comment

Or even an old PCI card that's now been kicked and scuffed beyond recognition that might still work?
                            Haha sadly I dont. I'll ask my Computer Tech teacher to loan me one later this week

Comment

Besides, I'm less worried about the video cards and just how to deal with this A2 error... The manual says it's an IDE detect issue?

Comment

Working...
                              X