Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock H81M will not shut down

New install H81M, Pentium G3220, Mushkin SSD

Windows 7 x64 shuts down, but the hardware stays on. I can hold the power button to shut down, then it boots fine with no error.

Works well other than that.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Re: ASRock H81M will not shut down

I'd probably double check that I wired everything proper to the boards system panel header.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
      I'd probably double check that I wired everything proper to the boards system panel header.
      Figured it out:

I had enabled Boot from USB Mouse and Boot from USB keyboard because i thought that would be a great feature for my HTPC! never did try it, but when i disabled both of those it now shuts down.

Comment

Originally posted by mrboonmee View Post
        Figured it out:

I had enabled Boot from USB Mouse and Boot from USB keyboard because i thought that would be a great feature for my HTPC! never did try it, but when i disabled both of those it now shuts down.
        Funny how that works, huh? Glad to hear you got it sorted.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

yeah, looks like the feature is wake from sleep, so if you wanted to just let teh thing suspend it would wake with USB keyboard/mouse.

overall nice board for the dough, works well for me! I've had good luck with ASRock.

thx

Comment

Working...
          X