H81 PRO BTC power on AC problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H81 PRO BTC power on AC problems

This is driving me nuts. I have the power up on AC restore option set in the BIOS on 2 of 4 new motherboards yet it takes about 50 on/off cycles before I can get them to start. Of course shorting the mobo power pins works but these are remote rigs and I need to restart them ocasionally using Belkin Wemo.

Strangely if I go back into the BIOS even though the correct restore on AC power loss is enabled, if I save settings and exit the boards starts on teh next power cycle.

Is there a 2nd setting somewhere or are these boards/bios buggy? Both are updated to latest V1.5 BIOS.

Thanks

Re: H81 PRO BTC power on AC problems

What state are the PCs in when you send the command to the Belkin Wemo to supply power? Such as, shutdown/S5, Sleep/S3, or what?

What do you have the Deep Sleep setting in the BIOS, in the same screen as Restore on AC/Power Loss option.

The Restore on AC/Power Loss option option is described as: This allows you to set the power state after an unexpected AC/power loss. That seems like the PC was running, AC power is lost, and this option will reboot the PC when AC power returns, rather than an automatic boot when AC power is applied. So you're able to use this option as a way to remotely start other PCs?

Comment

Working...
    X