hi
    sorry for bad english

Yesterday I bought fatality z87 profasinal
    i have several hdd (5) and one ssd
    i install theme ( 3hdd + ssd ) on inel sata and 2 hdd on asmedia
    install ssd on sata 0

then install windows 8.1 64bit

after 2 or 3 restart problem is shown :

ssd not detected randomly ( one restart detect - one restart not detect)

when ssd detect - windows have problem

i think mobo have problem with several hdd therefor :

separat other hdd and remain one ssd

but problem not solved

sata cable -power cable - sata canector changed but not solved

ssd ( sata2.patriot inferno 60gig ) work prefctly in my past system and now in test with ( hd tiune pro ) ( no system drive) usb convertor drive everything fine

what can i do ؛?

thanks

Re: fatality z87 profasinal ssd problem

Sorry to say, it looks like you have two problems, your SSD used with a Z87 Professional board, and the ASMedia SATA ports when used with Windows 8.1.

Your Patriot Inferno SSD uses the SandForce SF-1222 SSD controller, that Patriot describes here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pat inferno SSD.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	754191

http://www.patriotmemory.com/company...jsp?source=201

After the new Intel Haswell processors and the 8 series chipsets (like the Z87) were available, users had problems with SSDs that used the SF-1222 controller. OCZ used this controller in some of their SSDs, which also had problems.

Later OCZ announced that any SSD that used any of the SF-12xx series controllers (like the SF-1222), were not compatible with the Z87 chipset. They also said there is no way to fix the problem: Guide Vertex 2 - Agility 2 and Haswell

I could not find any information about this on Patriot's web site, but nothing can fix this problem. You just cannot use SSDs with SF-1222 controllers with the Intel Z87 chipset SATA interface.

So you might think, I'll use the Patriot Inferno SSD on the ASMedia SATA ports. That should be a good idea, but you already know that you have problems with the ASMedia ports, right?

Many users, including myself, have problems using the ASMedia ports with Windows 8.1. The first ASMedia drivers for Windows 8 did not work well. I tried the Windows 8 AHCI driver, storahci, and I still had problems. There is a new ASMedia driver for Windows 8, version 2.0.4.0, that I will try soon.

Put your HDDs on the Intel SATA ports, they are better and faster than the ASMedia ports. You can try your SSD on the ASMedia SATA ports, but you still might have problems, because they don't work well with Windows 8.

Comment

Re: fatality z87 profasinal ssd problem

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X