Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal1ty Z77 MB crashes when Graphics driver is updated

Hi,

I'm having major problems trying to install the graphics driver for my Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty motherboard (I'm using the Onboard Intel HD Graphics 2500/4000).

All the other drivers work fine, but as soon as I try to install the proper graphics driver Windows freezes when it tries to restart after installation, & it will not boot no matter what I try.

I have tried the drivers from the original install DVD, downloaded the latest from Asrock's site, & installed via a driver upgrade program - & still the same problem.
    I end up having to re-install the operating system from scratch. Have tried Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 - no difference.

Is the graphics chip faulty?
    Has anyone else had this problem?

The computer works with Standard VGA Graphics driver (connects to monitor via HDMI cable) but the performance is average - I need the Intel HD graphics operational for design work.

----
    SYSTEM SPECS:

i5-3570k CPU
    Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty Z77 Professional
    2x4GB DDR3-2133 Patriot Blue RAM
    2x2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 SATA3 7200rpm
    Onboard Intel HD Graphics 2500/4000
    LG Flatron IPS234 LCD Monitor
    Lian Li Maxima Force 570W Power Supply
    Windows 7 SP1

----

So far I've wasted 3 weeks trying to get this going properly & it is driving me nuts - Any help appreciated!

Ken Macaulay

Re: Fatal1ty Z77 MB crashes when Graphics driver is updated

Never had a problem with the Intel graphics driver on my two ASR Z77 boards, one with a 3570K.

Did you run the Intel Chipset/INF file installation program? For Windows 7, this one from your board's download page: INF driver ver:9.3.0.1019. If not, the graphics chip will not be identified correctly to the graphics driver program.

ASRock > Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M

You can try the graphics driver download directly from Intel, be sure to select your OS version first:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...00&FamilyId=39

Comment

Re: Fatal1ty Z77 MB crashes when Graphics driver is updated

Originally posted by parsec View Post
      Never had a problem with the Intel graphics driver on my two ASR Z77 boards, one with a 3570K.

Did you run the Intel Chipset/INF file installation program? For Windows 7, this one from your board's download page: INF driver ver:9.3.0.1019. If not, the graphics chip will not be identified correctly to the graphics driver program.

ASRock > Fatal1ty Z77 Professional-M

You can try the graphics driver download directly from Intel, be sure to select your OS version first:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...00&FamilyId=39

Thanks for the reply.
      The driver installation disc first installs the chipset driver then the graphics driver, but have also tried it seperately & resetting the bios - no go that way.

However, I finally got the driver to install by first putting in an old graphics card (8600GT) that I had lying around, booted with that connected, then first installed the nVidia driver & then installed the intel driver.

Worked OK, & even allowed me to then run the monitor via the HDMI port via intel HD.

Then I made the mistake of trying to remove the nVidia card & boot through the HDMI port.
      Then it wouldn't even recognise that it has a HDMI port - no signal according to my monitor, but I could hear the computer booting up normally.

So I put back in the graphics card back in & it worked fine, then tried resetting the monitor properties through the bios.
      It will now boot up in safe mode through the HDMI port but when I try to log on to windows normally it crashes then freezes - or back to where I started...

It is working OK with the graphics card & I need to get some work done, so will give it a rest for the moment and come back to it in a couple of weeks.

---
      PS. The only thing I can think of is that there has to be a fault with the onboard graphics chip(?).
      Either that or it just isn't designed to work without a graphics card installed ?

Do anyone know where you would go for warranty questions/replacements for this board in Australia?

Comment

Working...
      X