Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB ports on z77 pro4 just will not turn off when computer is shut down

Hello,

I have tried everything I can to get these ports on this motherboard to turn off when the computer is shut down. Nothing works.

I have disabled on/off play, enabled deep sleep in s5, and any other option I can find that would have to do with the USB ports staying on when the computer is shut down. Nothing works. Anything connected to a USB port stays turned on when windows is powered down.

This is windows 7 - USB selective suspend in power profile is set to enabled - and wouldn't affect this, anyway.

Is there ANY WAY to make this motherboard NOT leave the USB ports on when it is shut down, short of powering off the PSU entirely?

Thank you,

Re: USB ports on z77 pro4 just will not turn off when computer is shut down

Do you have the AppCharger program installed? That is meant to allow charging of USB devices when the PC is shutdown, meaning power is applied to the USB ports.

Did you disable the USB/keyboard/mouse power on settings in the ACPI UEFI configuration menu?

Otherwise, you likely won't have much luck removing power from the USB ports with the PC shutdown, common these days to leave them powered up with the PC shutdown. The PSU switch is probably your only option.

Comment

Working...
    X