• Show
Clear All

• FM2 A88X Extreme6+ APU display problem

hi
    i am having issues from first start
    the image have stripes all over the screen
    i already try 2 vga cables and 1 HDMI cable and all have the same result :(
    Windows 8.1 x64 and Windows 7 x64 ultimate the same
    when i instal graphic drivers the computer give me a BSOD in the Windows start

the system:

Asrock FM2 A88X Extreme6+
    AMD A10 6800k
    Kingston 8GB XMP Beast 2x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz CL11 - KHX24C11T3K2/8X

can you help me?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	zjl7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	756266
    Last edited by Nisco; 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM.

Re: FM2 A88X Extreme6+ APU display problem

Have you tried changing the Windows background to see if it does it with a different background setting?

MAIN PC
    CPU
    - i7-3820 @ 3.60Ghz
    MB - AsRock X79 Extreme6 (Bios P2.80)
    RAM - 2 x 8Gb Patriot Viper 1866 CL10 Series @933Mhz
    GPU - ASUS Radeon HD 7870 Direct CU II (2Gb) x 2 (XFire)
    CASE - Fractal Design Desire R4 Black Case (windowless)
    FANS - Standard Fan CPU, 5 x FD Silent 2 140mm Fans in case
    PSU - Thermaltake R2 800W
    SSD - Sandisk SDSSDHP2 240Gb (boot)
    HDD - 2 x Seagate ST2000DM001 2Tb HDD (Storage)
    SYS - Win7 x64 Ultimate
    KB - Logitech K350 Wireless
    MOU -
    Razor Naga Molten mouse
    MON - ASUS VS247H (1920 x 1080)
    UPS - Belkin Line Interactive 1400VA 840W
    System is not overclocked at all.
    2ND PC
    AMD FM2 A10-7850K @ 3.70Ghz
    AsRock FM2A88X Extreme6+ (Bios P2.90)
    2 x 4Gb G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

Kaveri Spectre Desktop (onboard) @ 760Mhz
    Thermaltake V9 case (1 x 120mm, 1 x 240mm fan)
    Corsair H80i Water Cooler w/2 x 120mm fans
    Seasonic G-Series (SSR-650RM Active PFC F3) 650W

OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb SSD (Boot)
    2 x ST2000DM001 2Tb HDD (Storage)
    Win7 X64 Ultimate
    Logitech G15 (6 G Keys) USB
    Logitech MX-518 mouse
    Phillips 22HFL3350D/10 (1920 x 1080)
    NAS - Netgear RN104-100AJS 4 Bay (not hooked in)
    Not overclocking

Comment

Originally posted by Spyone1 View Post
      Have you tried changing the Windows background to see if it does it with a different background setting?
      yes i already try but is useless.
      from the firs second i plug the system i have this stripes. bios, instalation and all

Comment

Hi Nisco,

Is your memory at it's default JEDEC spec or 2400 XMP OC'd for this to happen?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Hi Nisco,

Is your memory at it's default JEDEC spec or 2400 XMP OC'd for this to happen?
          i already try at default 1333, 2133 and 2400.

here i see 2 distint problems and i dont know if its related.

1st- the stripes come from the first boot until now.

2nd - the PC works ok if i dont instal the Radeon HD8670D driver. omly with the generic driver.
          if i instal that driver need to rebbot and on boot give me a BSOD 0x00000116

Comment

Ok, so you're using the on die HD8670D and not a dedicated video card.

First, have you installed the "AMD all in 1 driver" driver for your chosen OS first? This is imperative IMO that it's done as the first item installed after the OS has finished installing.

Second, from where are you getting the chipset and graphics installation files from? The included Support CD? ASRock web site? Direct from the AMD web site? Elsewhere?

Also, what are your temps running?
            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ok, so you're using the on die HD8670D and not a dedicated video card.

First, have you installed the "AMD all in 1 driver" driver for your chosen OS first? This is imperative IMO that it's done as the first item installed after the OS has finished installing.

Second, from where are you getting the chipset and graphics installation files from? The included Support CD? ASRock web site? Direct from the AMD web site? Elsewhere?

Also, what are your temps running?

Comment

100c ??? Phew, that's hot all right. Too hot.

70c-74c is Max for the A-series APU's.

You either need to double check your HS/F mounting(stock AMD one? Please see #1 in my sig) and or get some better circulation/air flow through your case.

Comment

You either need to double check your HS/F mounting(stock AMD one? Please see #1 in my sig) and or get some better circulation/air flow through your case.
                  ^^^^ Before proceeding further lest you do damage to that APU.

Comment

^^^^ Before proceeding further lest you do damage to that APU.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	idle temps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	754179

the stripes i say in the 1st post taken with a a sony camera

Comment

Is that screenshot above taken at idle? I'm confused/concerned when I see CPU Speed 4600Mhz and Multi x46?

What BIOS revision are you running on that board? The "Mainboard' tab of CPU-z will state what revision it is.

Comment

Is that screenshot above taken at idle? I'm confused/concerned when I see CPU Speed 4600Mhz and Multi x46?

What BIOS revision are you running on that board? The "Mainboard' tab of CPU-z will state what revision it is.
                        4600Mhz and multi x46 because is a 6800k cpu= unlocked multi
                        the bios is the latest: P3.10 02/20/2014

Comment

Again, Is that screenshot above taken at idle?

Comment

Again, Is that screenshot above taken at idle?
                            yes! idle but not default speed
                            Last edited by Nisco; 03-04-2014, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Lemme see if I can find an OC'ing Guide for your APU to follow.

We're already off on the wrong foot here.

Comment

Working...
                              X