Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PCI network card

HI,
    I have an Asrock G31M-S R 2.0 Mother board, as my onboard LAN is not working, i am using Intel 82559 PCI Ethernet Adapter, Still yesterday it's working fine ,after I have shifted my computer to a new house, In Device Manager it's showing "Ethernet controller" in the "Others", I checked it's properties it's showing like drivers not available, but a PCI device should detect drivers automatically and install them for such devices, and I tried the same card on another PC it's working fine. I have tried on both the PCI slots. can any one help me out or share their experience on the same?

Br,
    shankar

Re: Problem with PCI network card

So you moved to a new house, and now the Intel Ethernet card does not work. Nothing else changed in the PC at all? You moved it in its case, and did not take it apart?

You said the Intel network card is shown under Others in Device Manager, and that is different than before you moved?

Drivers install automatically when you add a device to a PC, if Windows has a driver that would work. But why would you expect Windows to install a driver for a network card that was already being used in your Windows installation?

Comment

Working...
    X