I can't enable HD 4000 i5 processor graphics on extreme 6 board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't enable HD 4000 i5 processor graphics on extreme 6 board

HI I have re-set my computer up with a new Mobo previously I had an Asus now I have a Asrock extreme 6 with the Intel I5 3570K processor and 2 MSI 7870 cards in crossfire config and I cant get the Intel HD 4000 graphics to work even though I have enabled them in the Bios and updated the bios to the latest version which is 2.80 previously it was 2.60 and it didn't work then either. It has worked prior to me installing a discrete GPU and initially I only installed one card rather than crossfire. I have also connected a monitor through the DVI socket on the mobo as well as a HD for the main monitor through the discrete GPU. I didnt have a problem with the ASUS with all the same components once I worked out the Bios, but i am having no such luck with this any ideas? Its on a W7 64 install but this isnt particulary relevent as it doesnt get past boot up if I enable the internal graphics anyway, it just keeps on rebooting. The reason I want to get it working is I prefer one monitor on that output and I can use Lucid Virtu MVP any ideas?

Re: I can't enable HD 4000 i5 processor graphics on extreme 6 board

Your board is an Extreme 6... what? P67 Extreme 6, Z77 Extreme 6? Your ASUS board was a...?

Fresh install of Windows? Lucid Virtu installed now? If so, Lucid configured as 'i' or 'd'?

You used Crossfire with Lucid on your ASUS board?

Comment

Hi it's a Z77 extreme 6 yes it worked with the asus board which I had to send back because the sound chip failed. The problem is I can't install the intel drivers for the hd4000 because it doesn't recognize the hardware is present nor does it show in device manager. What I'm intending to do is remove both of the discrete cards after uninstalling the drivers and see if that allows me to boot into windows off the intel and install the intel graphic drivers. I'm not going to do a fresh install because it takes about 3 days to complete with downloads because I have a rubbish internet connection of 5 meg and it takes for ever. The intel graphics did work when I did the fresh install initially and at that point I hadn't installed a discrete card, I think my problem was that I didn't install the intel drivers straight away because I intended to download the newest ones and when I booted back into windows the second time it failed to recognize it. I didn't expect that because ordinarily it wouldn't have been a problem running off generic windows drivers but clearly it is with this board or with the intel I5. The only way I could then boot into windows was to install a discrete card then it refused to allow me to enable the onboard graphics because when I did it would only boot up to the point of the bios then continually restarted itself without allowing me to enter windows.

Comment

Hi tried removing discrete graphics cards still can't get back into windows with the intel HD4000 so I'm pretty much out of ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X