Z77 extreme 6 bios 2.80

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 extreme 6 bios 2.80

Unless I have missed it, when setting dram voltage manually is there any where in the bios that reports the actual voltage, like you can see with the cpu section?
    any one know?
    Thanks all
    Stephen

Re: Z77 extreme 6 bios 2.80

I found it, under voltage configuration right where I set it manaully, square eyes

Comment

I meant to reply sooner, but forgot.

You actually bring up a good point, where is the DRAM voltage value displayed? You said right in the voltage configuration, which is correct, but that value is just what the DRAM voltage setting is, just like a CPU voltage setting in the BIOS. That is not a voltage that is read from the input to the CPU.

If you check the HW Monitoring page in the BIOS, you'll see values for CPU voltage, and the three PSU voltage rails, which are rarely exactly 12V, etc, or what the CPU voltage setting is, since that voltage can change except when using Fixed CPU voltage, and even then it may vary a bit. These values are actually readings from the board, but we never see a reading of the DRAM voltage.

I assume since DRAM voltage is considered and is static, it is not monitored. CPU-Z does not show a voltage reading, it does show the voltages programmed into the SPD data, and I am not aware of any monitoring program that actually reads DRAM voltage, if it can even be done.

So it seems we just believe our DRAM voltage is at whatever we set it to in the BIOS. I can't believe I've never thought of this before...

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        I meant to reply sooner, but forgot.

You actually bring up a good point, where is the DRAM voltage value displayed? You said right in the voltage configuration, which is correct, but that value is just what the DRAM voltage setting is, just like a CPU voltage setting in the BIOS. That is not a voltage that is read from the input to the CPU.

If you check the HW Monitoring page in the BIOS, you'll see values for CPU voltage, and the three PSU voltage rails, which are rarely exactly 12V, etc, or what the CPU voltage setting is, since that voltage can change except when using Fixed CPU voltage, and even then it may vary a bit. These values are actually readings from the board, but we never see a reading of the DRAM voltage.

I assume since DRAM voltage is considered and is static, it is not monitored. CPU-Z does not show a voltage reading, it does show the voltages programmed into the SPD data, and I am not aware of any monitoring program that actually reads DRAM voltage, if it can even be done.

So it seems we just believe our DRAM voltage is at whatever we set it to in the BIOS. I can't believe I've never thought of this before...
        Thanks for the info, I thought it was a bit strange it was reporting exactly 1.5v, I'm sure my old Asus Striker 2 board displayed actual voltage?, I also checked in Aida64 and its reporting 1.5v but like you say it may just be a static voltage
        I could be wrong about the Striker dram voltage.
        Thanks very much any way
        Stephen

Comment

Working...
        X