Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple Monitor Problem with Onboard GFX (960GC-GS FX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Monitor Problem with Onboard GFX (960GC-GS FX)

Hello,

We hope you can help. We are having problems trying to use graphics cards with this 960GC-GS FX motherboard's onboard graphics to have multiple monitors. It appears to maybe be related to a missing Primary Graphics Adapter BIOS option that is listed in the manual but is not actually there. The BIOS had been upgraded to the most recent 1.40 version and so is up to date.

We have tried with one PCIe dual output card, then different PCI cards. We have also tried with BIOS Shared Memory set to both 512MB and 128MB, as per page 19 of the manual at ftp://66.226.78.21/manual/960GC-GS%20FX.pdf

No combination works and we are left with the onboard graphics never working when another graphics card is in. The onboard graphics does work correctly when no additional card is in.

The AMD 760G device is always visible in the Device Manager when more than one card is in, but that onboard graphics still never reports a connected monitor or displays anything when another graphics card is added. But when there is more than one graphics card, both that card and the onboard AMD 760G are reported to be working correctly in the device status in Windows!

p40 of the manual listed above says that BIOS/Chipset Configuaration/Primary Graphics Adepter can be set to "Onboard". But the BIOS only lists PCI and PCIe options - the Onboard option listed in the manual does not exist... This may be the problem.

Please can you help?

Thank you ,

Richard.
    Last edited by Richard Ramyar; 02-27-2014, 04:04 AM.

Re: Multiple Monitor Problem with Onboard GFX (960GC-GS FX)

Bios needs to updated to 1.40c
    Last edited by Jg412; 04-09-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Where can I download 1.40c BIOS?
      I can find only 1.40.

I have the same problem as Richard Ramyar: I can not set add-on graphic card HD7790 as a basic.
      Still only onboard HD3000 works properly.

regards
      Jarek

Comment

I have the same issue , I can only use either onboard... or extra graphics card.

I cannot use both at the same time ! As above... I looked for BIOS 1.40c but I cannot find it...

Has any of you solved this ?

Thanks!

Comment

HI

I too am having the same problem. I downloaded the 1.40 BIOS from the website but there is no option still in the BIOS to startup with Onboard VGA. I had the same issue with my Gigabyte motherboard but after I set the BIOS to option for VGA, both monitors worked. I presume that is the problem here too.

Where can we get 1.40C BIOS?

Anyone to the rescue?

Comment

hi folks

i wrote to asrock, and surprisingly they replied. i flashed my mobo and all is working well now.

i am using gigabyte hd5450 pcie graphics card running a radeon chip, so the link given by asrock below worked for both my onboard vga and my pcie card.

here's what they said:
            ------------------

Thank you for contacting ASRock.
            Please following the steps for try.
            1. Update BIOS to P1.40C.(refer attached file)
            2. Uninstall the latest VGA driver.
            3. Reboot system and install VGA driver by ver_12.3(refer the link)
            ATI Radeon Graphics Driver Catalyst Software Suite 12.3 Windows 7/Vista(all 64) - Open Drivers
            4. After installation, reboot and set "Enabled" under Advanced->chipset configuration->Surround view in BIOS.
            5. Enter into OS, you can use dual monitor.

If the way can't work, please reinstall windows 7 and try step 1~5, again.

Due to the newer driver and the older driver aren't compatibility with those two AMD graphic drives. It can't use the latest version driver for those two drives.

All the best,
            ASRock TSD
            ===================================

in step 4 above i tried to "Enable" but my PC froze, stuck at the ASRock startup screen. So i switched it to "Auto" and everything went well after that.

i tried to upload the 1.40c as an attachment to this mail but this site rejected it saying it was too large.
            therefore if anyone needs the BIOS, please message me and i shall email it to you.

i tried to upload it into driverguide.com but was not successful because they didn't send me a validation email. if anyone knows anywhere else that i can upload it to, please let me know.

Comment

Download 960GC-GS FX BIOS 1.40c

i have created a 4shared account where you can download the bios.

please read my previous post for instructions to upgrade as given by ASRock technical services.

here's the link for downloading the bios:

BIOS 960GC-GS FX 1.40c

Comment

That is awesome... Thanks !! I am downloading the file as we speak.

Oli

Comment

Working...
                X