Z87 Extreme6 RAID card not detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z87 Extreme6 RAID card not detected

I have Z87 Extreme6 set up for ESXi . I also have an old HP Smart Array P400 RAID card which works fine in my old server. However, Z87 Extreme6 does not even see this card in any PCI-E slots. What should I do to make this card work with this MB?
    What other RAID controllers with RAID6 support can be used with this board?

I sent an email to support but got no answer.

Re: Z87 Extreme6 RAID card not detected

Trying to move an enterprise type product like the SA P400 RAID card from a server board (a HP server board, or what?) to a standard PC mother board will probably not be an easy task, if it is even possible.

Do you know if this card can operate without an Option ROM compatible with it, in the BIOS of the board it will be used with? This card may only be useable with HP servers. Frankly, I'm 99% certain that is the case. The link to the compatible servers was not working.

This card requires a PCI-E x 8 slot, so it should work in a PCI-E x 16 slot. It runs as PCI-E speed (1.0, or 2.5Gb/s), so you may need to configure the speed of the PCI-E x 16 slot you are using to Auto or Gen 1.

Do you have the P400's firmware version for use with ESXi? That also depends on the version of ESXi you use, and the type of drives you will be using. Of course, that is useless if the card in not detected.

I gave up researching this card when I saw the level of complexity and knowledge needed to install and configure it. I just don't have the time for that. Plus you provided almost no information about things like what the server it was used in is, the rest of the system with the ASRock board, etc.

A few links that may help you:

"Quick Specs": http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/q...a/12400_na.pdf

Manual: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/sit...tte.cachetoken

Main support page for drivers, firmware, software: HP Smart Array P400 Controller Support - HP Support Center

Comment

Re: Z87 Extreme6 RAID card not detected

I have 2 of those cards work with cheap consumer motherboards without any issues. It even work with old Dell desktop.
      The issue is not ESXi. This board doesn't see this card at all like it doesn't exist.

Do you know any other RAID cards that works with this board?

Comment

Working...
      X