On going keyboaard issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On going keyboaard issue.

Hello, About 2 1/2 some years thing years ago i invested in the Z68 motherboard and got a mechanical keyboard ( Razer Blackwidow Ult ) too which started to show a issue were the key would not type or it would spam the letter \ number pressed so i sent it back and got a new one and after about 7 months got the issue again.

Then i got a Z77 about 10 months ago and picked up a new mechanical keyboard ( Ryos MK Pro ) when it was released a few months ago and again started to get the same symptoms were the keys type or not or spam the key pressed.

I started to think it was the keyboard at fault but i have had a new one since then and since it's started yet again and the Z68 and Z77 are so alike is the only thing really the same still.

Re: On going keyboaard issue.

You didn't specify the board's you used, seem to be ASRock boards, but who knows which ones?

Do you have the latest driver installed for those keyboards? Keyboards like that usually require their driver or software to function properly. Try uninstalling and installing the driver again, and check Device Manager for any problems with the device.

I assume these are USB connected keyboards? If you have them connected to USB 3.0 ports, don't bother with that. The data transfer requirements of a keyboard are so low they would work fine on a USB 1.0 connection. Use a USB 2.0 connection, directly to the I/O panel.

Do you have the ASR XFast RAM software installed? If so, that may be interfering with the keyboard. Try removing that for a test.

Comment

Re: On going keyboaard issue.

A. ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 \ ASRock Z77 Extreme 4

I use all latest drivers for the whole system for both boards and i do not use ASR XFast RAM or any of that software.

I have tried all the usb ports directly even the ones onboard via that require bracket with the usb connectors.

Some people seem to think it might be coursed by the ASRock software which controls the fans \overclocking and some think it maybe the razer software that possibly did it..

As i don't use that software now i will not know if one or more off them are the course until i get the keyboard replaced as i know one thing for sure it''s permanent damage.

I will be sending the keyboard back to egg in a few days once i have a new power supply even if people thing that may not be the course ( old PSU ( PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad ).

Comment

Working...
      X