X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z87 Extreme4 - Dr. Debug post code list

Hi there,

I am new owner of ASRock
    Z87 Extreme4 motherboard. I bought it with others new components to build new case. When I combine all of them together machine doesnt start. Dr. Debug constantly shows post code 2E (sometimes it wass 28). I was searching for it in manual and I cannot find it. As far as I know it might be problem with my RAM. I switched RAM brick various times in different configuration but with no positive results. In my opinion it is simply broken. Does anybody have some idea about this post code Dr. Debug shows? Or maybe somebody have full list of post codes?

Asrock Z87 EXTREME4 Intel Core i5-4670K
    Kingston HyperX DDR3 2x4096MB 1600MHz CL9 Intel XMP X2 BOX - KHX1600C9D3X2K2/8GX
    Asus GeForce GTX 660 DirectCU II OC 2GB DDR5 PCI-E BOX
    be quiet! Purepower L8 630W (BN182)

Re: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 - Dr. Debug post code list

The full list of POST codes won't help you, codes 1D to 2A (which includes 28) is OEM pre-memory initialization codes.

The older Z77 Extreme 4's manual has a more complete list of codes, that is what I'm using, starts on page 42: ASRock > Z77 Extreme4

Otherwise, search for "AMI POST codes".

Your memory is in the support list, so that is not the problem. ASRock usually recommends using slots A2 and B2 for two DIMMs. Did you try one DIMM at a time?

You could have bad memory or a bad board. A really bad alternative would be damaged contacts in the CPU socket.

Do you have the 4 or 8 pin CPU power cable connected to the board?

Comment

I know that ASRock recommends this kind of memory brick, that is why I bought it. To be sure it will work, but it doesnt. I checked manual and I know about dual-channel configuration. I tried A2 and B2 (also A1, B1) configuration. Also I read about CPU socket malfunction and I hope this is not reason for my problems.

I have 8pin CPU power cable.

Comment

Are you manually setting the primary timings, or using/employing XMP?

Have you tried a setting Command Rate of 2N?

What voltage is being applied to the memory? 1.5v is stock for this kit.

Did they default to 1333 and still need changed to 1600?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Sounds like you have the same problem as me, I have z87 formula board and the same RAM as you, mine will only work with 2 sticks at in the 2 slots away from the pro. If i put anymore in it comes up with 28 and wont start.

Its really annoying!!!

Comment

Working...
          X