Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z77 extreme 4 issue

[B]Hi,
    Today I went to boot up my computer and I noticed the screen, mouse, and keyboard were not responding. I then proceeded to check Dr. Debug and I found A9 (system start up). I have no clue how to fix this and I've been searching all day for help with no avail.
    I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me fix this issue
    Parts
    Intel i5 3570
    Corsair vengeance ddr3 sx 8gb
    z77 extreme 4
    GeForce 650 ti
    Corsair cx750 power supply
    AzzA Toledo301
    Wd black 2tb internal hard drive
    range max wpn311
    Last edited by racoon463; 01-02-2014, 11:05 PM. Reason: #1

Re: asrock z77 extreme 4 issue

Please read and follow #1 in my Sig. That will better help us help you if we know what you're working with there.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: asrock z77 extreme 4 issue

AMI POST code A9 is "Start of Setup", which tells us very little. It has been also explained as "Wait for user input at config display if needed."

Regardless, something failed, and given the A9 code, there might be a screen prompt that you are just not seeing.

Try switching to the on-CPU graphics, by connecting your monitor to the I/O panel output you use, and unplug any monitor cables from your 650.

Otherwise, the fans in the PC are running, and you can hear the HDD starting? How do you know the keyboard and mouse are not working?

Comment

Working...
      X