Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Z87M OC Formula wont shutdown

Originally posted by parsec View Post
    See that, just mentioning my name fixed the problem...

I would love to know what actually happened.

Cloudbuster, do you reboot that PC a lot, or just let it run all the time and reboot when you must do so?

The problem started after a Windows Update of who knows how many updates, at least five, or do you know?

Who knows if the shutdown problem is cured, if it keeps working after five shutdown's, it should be fine.

About the BIOS update, I don't think a BIOS update will bring back the shutdown problem. You probably should do the BIOS update, use Instant Flash on a USB flash drive, the safest method. The new BIOS has some important changes (CPU microcode) and other good things added since 1.10. The first and early BIOS versions of any board usually are not very good, I flash to new versions all the time and never had a problem.

Update I just exited Memtest.
    Run for 10:05:40 almost all night
    Pass:9
    Errors: 0
    In the test it show 933Mhz DDR3-1866 dont know if that normal.
    Slot 0 4096MB DDR3-1866 F3-14900CL8-4GBXM *XMP*
    Slot 1 4096MB DDR3-1866 F3-14900CL8-4GBXM *XMP*
    __________________________________________________ ______

Hi, I only rebooted the PC when asked, after I was installing MoBo drivers or when Windows wanted to reboot after updates.
    I just build it about 3 days ago, I installed a new Windows 7 so it told me it was outdated. It was on automatic update. Dont know how many updates it performed, But I remember seeing one time about 90 item needing update.

So it seem that the RAM is fine.
    I guess it was a windows update that caused the issue cause before I changed the RAM timing it was also working just fine at the time of Shut down.
    I will go see if I can buy a USB flash drive today.

Will do about 5 consecutive shutdowns later on and see if it stay running or not.

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
      In the test it show 933Mhz DDR3-1866 dont know if that normal.
      933x2=1866 That's the way DDR(Double Data Rate) is displayed/shown in many utilities.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
        933x2=1866 That's the way DDR(Double Data Rate) is displayed/shown in many utilities.
        That explain!

Well I just finish updating the BIOS to 1.60
        I did 2 consecutive shut downs. everything seem to be working fine now.
        I guess I will never know for sure why is stayed on after a shut down.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Comment

NP, just glad you are up and "apparently' running great.
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
          X