Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

Hi,
    I'm owner of new Z87 Pro 4 and I decided to update BIOS, because I was unable to run my RAM in dual channel mode and I've learned that it might be old bios version issue. I wanted to update from bios 1.70 to 1.90.
    Update was made in UEFI via Internet flash feature. Everything was just fine, message on the screen said - Update is finished, press Enter. I pressed enter, computer rebooted several times but nothing showed on the screen anymore. Not even a keyboard lights got lit as before. Fans and HDD are running, but nothing is displayed on the screen!
    When I was doing Internet flash I've got USB drive put inside and after flash there is a file named AS776.ROM

Can you guys plz help me to run the mobo again?

I will be thankful for every suggestion.

Thanks

Re: Asrock Z87 Pro4 Internet flash BIOS update failed

Ok, problem solved. I feel like having christmass again :D

What I did was mentioned in thread and I followed these steps:

Code:
    1. Unplug power from the wall.
    2. Wait for 1 minute
    3. Set the BIOS switch to the B Position
    4. Remove CMOS battery
    5. Jumper CLRCMOS1 to pins 2-3 (Clear CMOS posiition)
    6. Let the Motherboard sit this way for half an hour or overnight

Then -

1. Jumper CLRCMOS1 back to pins 1-2 (Default run position)
    2. Insert the CMOS Battery
    3. Connect the power cable
    4. Keeping the BIOS at position B - start the Computer - Hopefully ......
    With one little difference. I put usb flash drive with newest bios version and hoped for boot.

What is strange, I repeated this process several times with no luck. I left mobo "unplugged" w/o battery for few hours before with no luck. Then I left it for the whole night and after like 10-15 auto restarts everything was just fine.

What I did take from this accident? Never give up

Comment

Never give up. Where there's a will there's a way. Most times ........

Congrats.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

The suggested use of the backup BIOS system is this, from an ASRock manual. I used this feature once and it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
        X