Z77 Extreme6 Logitech USB keyboard/mouse problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme6 Logitech USB keyboard/mouse problems

Hi everybody! I have recently replaced my old and dying Asus with a brand new Z77 Extreme6!

For the inplace mb replacement I have used True Image Home Universal Restore without problem using a wired USB mouse and a wired USB keyboard.

Days after, when I have finished removing old stuff and installing the new drivers I tried to create a new True Image backup but using my own cordless Logitech keyboard/mouse (Model Desktop S510) was simply freezing the pc just after TI gui (not during the boot time!)

I have tried both a CD and USB boot with different TI versions (from 2010 to 2013) but I get always the same result: everything is fine up to the True Image interface where the pc hangs or stop responding! The keyboard's led will power off too...

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thank you!
    Giangi

Re: Z77 Extreme6 Logitech USB keyboard/mouse problems

Don't use a wireless KB/M as it appears TI doesn't "interface' well with them. Because of a lack of drivers, I don't know.

I assume TI uses a PE environment when/where this is occurring for you?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Z77 Extreme6 Logitech USB keyboard/mouse problems

Never had problems with TI before; I have used Asus, Biostar and HP motherboards!

Booting with WinPE is fine, TI uses a Linux boot environment...

BTW, the MB have the latest P2.80 BIOS...

Comment

Working...
      X